Dr Justina Somal- Chartered Psychologist
Hello, I am Dr Justina Somal, I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist. Everyone needs a helping hand at times, and therapy can be a place where thoughts and feelings can be sensitively explored, in a safe, therapeutic environment. I am passionate about supporting others to live their life in the way they desire, but sometimes this can be a difficult journey on our own.
I am registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a professional member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP). I have over 16 years of extensive clinical experience within statutory and private clinical settings, working with adults, teenagers and children. I have experience in specialist 1:1 work, as well as group work, and established numerous self-development programs for various local services.
My therapeutic modality is underpinned with humanistic therapies, and client-led. Therefore, the pace and shape of the work will be guided by you, as well as your readiness and willingness to work towards change. I integrate a range of models in my practice including, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) and Expressive Therapies, including Sand tray and Art.
I specialise in a number of areas including:
- Children and Adolescents
- Parenting Packages
- Expressive Therapies
My clinic is based at Tranceform Psychology in Wombourne. Please feel free to visit the Tranceform Psychology website: tranceformpsychology.com for thorough and detailed information about my work and other services available at Tranceform Psychology.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctor in Counselling Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy
- BSc (hons) Psychology
- Certificate in Addiction Studies
- Certificate in Professional Counselling
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Sand Tray Therapy
- BPS Clinical Supervision Skills
- Children, Adolescents, Families and Adults -Tranceform Psychology (Private Practice)
- Addiction Treatment Service, Counselling Psychologist (Change, Grow, Live (CGL))
- Family Courts - Children & Families, Counselling Psychologist (Local Authority/FDAC)
- Children, Adolescents & Families, Counselling Psychologist (Local Authority)
- Children, Adolescents & Families - Psychotherapist (CAMHS)
- Adolescents- Psycho-educational group work and counsellor working with adolescents (Third Sector)
- Mind - Adult Services
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Free Initial Consultation Appointments- This is a good opportunity to discuss your concerns and therapy goals.
Fees for sessions are as follows:
Individual, 60 minute sessions - £80
Block sessions at a discounted price are available.
Joint session (couple/families), 60 minutes - £100
Parenting Packages - See website for more details
Weekday and Weekend appointments available
Tranceform Psychology Clinic offers a number of other different types of interventions and alternative approaches to a wide range of mental health problems and difficulties including:
The Thrive Programme with Paul Lee BSc.
Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) with Joan Lee BBRS
My colleagues and I are able to offer support for many problems, including a number of specialist areas in which we have expertise. You can view a full range of problems and phobias that we can help with on our list of problems helped page.
To view details on specific issues click on any of the links when accessing the website:
- Addiction problems
- Alcohol Abuse
- Anger Management
- Anxiety related problems
- Binge Eating
- Chronic Fatigue
- Drug Issues
- Eating problems
- Emetophobia (Fear of Vomit)
- Gambling problems
- Health Anxiety
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Overthinking issues
- Panic Attacks
- Public Speaking Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Work Related Stress
- Coping Skills
- ...and many more.
We offer FREE initial consultations for all prospective clients.