Julie Ingram (DipSW, MA) Individuals, Young People and Couples
Hello, and welcome to my page. I have been qualified as a counsellor / psychotherapist for over 12 years, I work with adults and couples, children, adolescents and have expertise in working with family issues. I can help with a wide range of issues including:
- self esteem issues
- family difficulties and relationship issues
- low confidence
- eating disorders
- and obsessive tendencies.
I aim to provide a warm, welcoming space to enable clients to be able to talk through the issues and move forward with life.
I use what is called an 'integrative' approach. This means I am trained to use what fits best with the client or I will use a few different ways of working during our time together. I also use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic ways of working and Solution Focused Therapy. We can discuss this if you would like.
I offer Coaching as well as Counselling, so if you have a dilemma do get in touch.
I am happy to conduct online sessions via telephone, email or Skype. Please email me for details or if you have any questions please dont hesitate to email me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Psychosocial Studies (Psychoanalysis and Psychology)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work
- Masters in Social Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Young People
- Postgraduate certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Level 1 and 2 Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
Additional Training in:
- self harm
- child protection and abuse
- solution focused therapy
- social model and disability
- eating disorders
- couples counselling
- life coaching
- trauma and attachment
- lego therapy
My background is working with children, adolescents and families for over 14 years and my other experiences have included management, support work, crisis work, working in mental health settings, telephone counselling and attachment work with parents.
I have an enhanced DBS clearance and am fully insured.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
life coaching, domestic abuse, violence, career changes, work dilemmas, identity issues, relationship difficulties, attachment issues, foster children, anger management, careers advice, mentoring, family work, attachment work.
Children / adolescents / adults = £50 per session
Couples and Families = £60 per 50 session
Limited number of reduce fee spaces for those on low incomes or benefits. Please do feel free to contact me for details.
I have my own private practice working from rooms in Central Cheltenham and Tewkesbury town centre, but i am also happy to consider outeach. Do get in touch if you would like any further information.
I have appointment slots during the day, evening and at the weekend.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have day, evening and weekend availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have over 12 years experience of providing supervision for Social Workers, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Family Support Workers, and other allied professionals. Please contact me to discuss your supervision requirements. I can discuss reduced fees for Therapy students on a low income.