Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is accepting new clients but may have a waitlist. Please enquire with them directly to discuss availability.
Hello, and welcome to my page. I have been qualified as a counsellor / psychotherapist and consultant for over 18 years, I work with adults, children, adolescents and have expertise in working with family issues. I can help with a wide range of matters including:
- anxiety and depression
- parenting issues (anxious children, school refusal, self-harm and general concerns with behaviours)
- self esteem issues
- family difficulties and relationship issues
- Childhood abuse
- Childhood neglect
- Life threatening events
- eating disorders
- self harm
I provide a welcoming, safe space that provides a relationship-based approach to working together.
I use what is called a 'pluralistic' way of working. This means I am trained to use what fits best with the client or I will use a few different ways of working during our time together which will be discussed. My ongoing development has included a significant amount of training in attachment theory and its impact across the lifespan, as well as currently completing a Doctorate in Psychology and psychotherapy at a London University.
If you are a parent a child with a child with an additional need looking for Counselling. You can access donation-based therapy and therapeutic groups here:
Julie Ingram - Senior accredited member
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Skills Course - Newham college London (1997)
- CBT skills and application (1997)
- Degree in Psychosocial Studies 2000 (Psychoanalysis, attachment theory and Social Psychology)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work 2002 ( including systemic practice)
- Masters in Social Psychology 2002 ( non- medical intervention to treat anxiety and depression)
- 3 year Postgraduate Diploma Masters level course in Counselling and Psychotherapy 2005 (BACP accredited course at Bristol University)
- Adult attachment Interview (ASI) 2010
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - Children and Young People 2012
- Postgraduate certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Level 1 and 2 Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- NCS & Advanced award in supervision
- Relational Change Post graduate certificate in relational supervision
- Advanced trauma treatment for children and adolescents.
- Advanced Specialist Practitioner Award Children and Young People
- NVQ level 5 Leadership and Management (Open University)
- Studying for p/t Doctorate (currently in London)
Additional Training in:
- self harm
- child protection and abuse
- solution focused therapy
- social model and disability
- eating disorders
- Internal Family Systems
- Family and parenting assessment
- trauma and attachment
- lego therapy
- ECO Therapy and working outside
- My background is working with children, adolescents and families for over 24 years. My experiences include working as a clinical director for a mental health charity supporting children and adults, management in Social Work covering children in care, children with complex needs / disabilities, CAMHS practitioner, Social work in a London Crisis team, working in mental health settings as a clinician, telephone counselling and attachment work with parents using PACE approach.
I have a DBS clearance and am fully insured.
I am inspired and trained in Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy and the work of Dan Hughes, Kim Golding, Bessel Van Der Kolt, Louise Bomber, Stephen Porges. I am commissioned by Local Authorities to work therapeutically with children, young people and families as I have extensive experience of working with children that are in foster care or have been adopted. For adopted families, commissioning agreements need to be in place. Do contact me for more information.
As an independent, qualified Social Worker I also complete parenting assessments and family support work using a therapeutic parenting model.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
life coaching, domestic abuse, violence, career changes, work dilemmas, identity issues, relationship difficulties, attachment issues, foster children, anger management, careers advice, mentoring, family work, attachment work and adopted families.
£60.00 - £70.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Children / adolescents = from £60 per 45 minute session
Adults = from £60 per 50 minute session
Families = from £70 per 50 minute session
supervision and consultation = from £65 per hour
Limited number of reduce fee spaces for those on low incomes, students or benefits. Please do feel free to contact me for details.
When I work
I have limited availability for monthly consultation and supervision
Do get in touch for more details.
Please highlight the type of therapy you are looking for telephone, zoom or in-person appointment and desired location (Cheltenham or Tewkesbury)