I have a particular interest in working with people in transition (for example, returning to work, relationship break up, career change, redundancy, retirement) and the impact of these life transitions. I bring to my work compassion, sensitivity and a commitment to facilitating change.
I offer a safe space where clients can talk about present difficulties and explore unresolved past issues and patterns which may be getting in the way of living the life they want. I work one to one with adults with a wide range of issues.
My passion and interest lie in working alongside clients to help them move forward to live the life they desire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis (Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Institute (CPTI), Edinburgh
- 4 year postgraduate training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (CPTI)
- Gestalt Theory and Practice course, Spectrum, London
- The Cape Cod Training Programme in Couples, Families & Small Systems work Gestalt International Study Centre (GISC), USA
- Applying the Cape Cod Model to Coaching (GISC), USA
- Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance
- MSc Careers Guidance and Employment Counselling
I have 19 years experience as a therapist and over the past 35 years have worked in various management roles in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
I offer retirement coaching to people approaching retirement and to those who have already retired and are looking for support in making the transition from working life to finding a new direction.
I also practice as a coach mainly in the public sector and with private clients and offer individual and group supervision to staff in the NHS and in the voluntary sector.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£50 per session for individuals (1 hour)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Registered Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Regular Member of the ITAA (International Institute of Transactional Analysis)
- Member of BACP Coaching Division
I abide by the codes of ethics and professional practice of the above organisations
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and Evening appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|