Hello and welcome to my page, feel free to look around, and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
I am a qualified counsellor in Humanistic Gestalt counselling; I am based in Eastleigh where I see clients at my home. I also travel across Hampshire, Southampton, Portsmouth and parts of Dorset to peoples homes.
I work face to face, walk and talk, zoom and telephone counselling. I offer long and short term counselling.
I see myself as being a multi skilled counsellor with further training in different types of counselling which include, CBT, Solution- Focused, Person-Centered and TA counselling. I work by creating a strong therapeutic relationship and using my knowledge to tailor the sessions to meet your needs.
I am naturally empathetic and respectful, open and honest counsellor. I have a wide experience of people and am inclusive and work carefully with differences and diversity.
I understand the importance of finding the right counsellor so offer a 30-minute free session to get an understanding of what you're looking for and how best we can work together.
I have specialist bereavement training and volunteer with a bereavement charity Cruse. This has given me a great understanding of loss.
I also volunteer at a young people’s charity and am passionate about helping young people. There is so much change and discovering who they are. I am able to help them discover who they are and help find the right skills for them to manage anxiety and stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip HE level 4 and 5 in Humanistic Gestalt Counselling Diploma.
- Level 3 ABC certificate in counselling.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- TA 101 Course
- Bereavement Support Foundation course
- Abuse and Exploitation CPD
- Sudden & Traumatic Death CPD
- Lockdown Grief CPD
- Eating Disorders CPD
- Trauma CPD
- Anxiety CPD
- Safeguarding Young People and Vulnerable Young Adults CPD
- Safeguarding adults CPD
- Working with bereavement and complex grief BACP CPD
- Working with a suicidal client CPD
- Sudden and Traumatic Death CPD
- Bereaved by Suicide CPD
- Bereaved by Covid 19 CPD
- Trauma Awareness CPD
- Becoming Independent CPD
- Developing RElationships CPD
- Autistic Spectrum Issues CPD
- Severe Psychological Distress in Young Adults CPD
- Developing Sexuality CPD
- Children, Young People and families 2020 BACP CPD
In addition to these qualifications, I am constantly taking part in further training and new ways of working to continue developing and giving you the best up to date service I can.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £30.00 to £60.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- Face to Face counselling at my home is £40 a session or book six in advance for £200
- Face to Face counselling at your home is £50 for a 50-minute session, or book six in advance for £250
- Walk and Talk counselling is £45 for a 50-minute session or book six in advance for £250
- Zoom or Telephone counselling is £40 for a 50-minute session
- Reminiscence therapy is £40 for a 50-minute session
- Student (including school) is £30 for a 50-minute session
- Couple counselling is £55 for a 60-minute session
- couple Counselling at your home is £60 for a 60-minute session
I have flexible appointments for shift workers.