Bogumila Malinowska (MBACP)
I help clients to achieve all their goals in order to live happy,free of worries and meaningful life,taking off the roots of the life patterns, breaking through fear and anxiety,addictions,go from codependent to independent.While it's easy to take things personally, you should never let anyone's perceptions or actions affect how you see yourself or your worth. Your life is personal to you, and it is up to you to influence your own value and sense of well-being.
Going to a therapy session for the first time may bring some level of anxiety. My clients say that they feel comfortable with me and my way of working from the very first session because I can create an atmosphere of understanding, openness, and simplicity with no judgment.
My therapeutic work is based on modern Western psychotherapy methods and mindfulness/zen-the more intuitive ways. I consider my therapy approach as integrative-holistic.
I have worked in a number of settings, as a therapist including addiction to drugs,alcohol and other types of addiction, sexuality and mental health settings.Social injustices affecting work and relationships are the areas of my interest. STruggles in management level.Many of my clients tend to come to me for help with their different relationships including love relationship ,self esteem,self image and work-related issues,childhood trauma.
How can counselling help you?
I help you to see what is holding you back and overcome hindrances.
I think that the way we keep our mind can greatly affect our decisions, relationships, mental, emotional and physical condition, and changes in our day to day life. I believe that therapy should bring positive changes to our life from the very first session. My therapeutic work with individuals and people in relationships aims to help you resolve difficulties and work towards your hopes and aspirations.I was said that after therapy session clients feel freed from self judgment,negative thoughts and very uplifted and inspired to further work and development.
I have worked with difference and diversity in different ways. I recognise the impact of different forms of oppression on personal development, and on the chances that are available to people.
How many sessions will I need?
I am happy to work both short or longer-term with people. Short-term work often involves specific issues and goals. This is also true for longer-term work but can give way to a more free-flow exploration of issues as they arise.
During therapy sessions, we focus on the moment and see the roots of patterns and problems.
Where do I work from?
I am now working across three locations.
I offer my therapeutic counselling from Stroud Green Rd N4 3PX and Crouch Hill Rd N4 4BY at Brickworks Community Centre. This is for one to one and family therapy.
I also provide my Skype service from Crouch Hill N4 4BY. All three places are well located in London with tube, overground and bus connections.
*I am fluent in Polish and understand Russian and similar Slavic languages.
*Reduced fees are available for the unemployed, clients with low income and students.
Getting in touch...
If you have any questions or would like to book an initial appointment, then I welcome you to either call or text me on 07742979050 or click here to send me an email. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP accredited Counselling Degree, Middlesex University 2014 - 2016
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, London City Lit College 2012 - 2013
- Degree in teaching zen-mindfulness 2009
- Further Teaching Diploma Degree, Poland 2000 - 2003
- Master Degree in Teaching and Pedagogical Studies, Poland 1979 - 1988
*Let the voices be heard!
*An international conversation on counselling, psychotherapy and social justice BACP webcast training December 2019
*Sex addiction -BACP private practice conference in Brixton,November 2019
*Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)Muscle Dysmorphia particularly in males.Mind or body – what’s in charge.BACP conference-November 2019
*Love and its shadows - Working with relationships online resources/training - 2019.
*The new man love-about expressing in healthy way emotion and the male needs of love -2019
*Impact of anxious attachment - May 2019
*Modern dating and love relationship - BACP south London private practice training - 2019
*Gestalt training at Gestalt Centre in London - October 2018
*Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - 2018
*Addiction, Bereavement, Relationship BACP - CPD - 2018
*Mosac - Family of Children sexually abused organisation. Working style with families of young people and children sexually abused - 2017
*BACP conference understanding identity and diversity in the therapy room - 2017
Understanding Dementia, therapeutic way of communicating with people with dementia, helping family - 2017
*The new male sexuality-training and reading about deling with relationship and intimacy issues
*Fight. Flight, Freeze - An experiential exercise to see what happens to us in alarming or critical incidents-BACP online training
- Workshops and mindfulness retreats in South Korea, US, Poland, Russia - 2016-2019
- Working with identity issues - 2016-2019
- Mosac - working with non-abusive parents and people who are related to sexually abused children and young people - 2017
- Workshop about working with LGBTQ people at Westminster Drug Project - 2015
- The City and East London Bereavement Service - training - 2015
- Introductory Workshop -Counselling Place2Be, London - 2014
- Child Protection Certificate Course, London - 2013
- Challenging behaviour therapy for young people, London - 2012
- Certificate in Personal Coaching, London Coaching Academy - 2009
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
*Dealing with passive aggressive behaviour and coercive controlling relationships and gaslighting abuses.
- A healthy relationship with money
- Self-esteem, Anxiety, Depression, Relationship issues, Bereavement.
- Difficulty with adapting to the new job and place. Competitive environment and identity.
- Money and spirituality, dealing with power abuses and racism at workplace. Spirituality and everyday life.
- Struggling to accept being single, Childlessness, Pregnancy, Abortion.
- Single parent's support.
- Body image issues
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
Individual - £40-£50 per 50 min session. *Depending on location,time of therapy session and income
Payment - at the end of each session.
In the case of changed circumstances, the fee can be discussed and reviewed.
Skype counselling is available for clients outside London and the country and for those who cannot attend face to face counselling.
*Concessions may be available, please discuss your circumstances with me.
I am an active listener, very intuitive, non-judgemental, empathetic and mindful.I think I am highly effective for all my clients. I am not only a therapist but also an authorised mindfulness and zen teacher with over 35 years of experience.I lead short and long retreats in different part of the World including US and South Korea.
Different areas I deal with:
- generalised anxiety disorder
separation and divorce anxiety
- Employment (problem with managing ,struggling with toxic atmosfere in the work place)
- panic attacks
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD) different types of OCD
- relationships and sexual problems
- work and career-related issues
- abuses in the workplace
- eating disorders
- dealing with narcissist
- supporting clients going trough infertility process
- surviving of emotional abuse (gaslighting, silent treatment, narcissistic personality,
- passive-aggressive behaviour etc.)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Muscle dysmorphia particularly in males
- low self-esteem
- physical and sexual abuse
- fear of change
- Fear of ageing
- addictions - substances, emotional, behavioural, workaholic, sex, gambling, shopping, internet
- feelings of emptiness and unclear life directions
- parental issues.
Room is in easy reach of Upper Holloway, Crouch End, Archway, North London, Hornsey, Haringey, Holloway, Manor House, Highgate, Tufnell Park, Seven Sisters, Finsbury Park, Dartmouth Park, Highbury, Parliament Hill Fields, Lower Holloway, South Tottenham, Wood Green, Stoke Newington, Kentish Town
Nearest Train Stations Crouch Hill (0.1 miles) Harringay (0.7 miles) Finsbury Park (0.8 miles) Upper Holloway (0.8 miles) Harringay Green Lanes (0.9 miles) Hornsey (1 miles) Drayton Park (1.6 miles) Kentish Town (1.8 miles) Alexandra Palace (1.8 miles) Gospel Oak (1.8 miles)
Nearest London Underground Tube Stations Finsbury Park (0.8 miles) Archway (0.8 miles) Manor House (1 miles) Arsenal (1.1 miles) Highgate (1.3 miles)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish, Russian (understood)Slavic|
Accessible for wheelchair and other facility(toilets,lifts) for clients with disability. Access to the kitchen in the community centre before counselling session.Step free access.Waiting area.
Day time: morning session-special discount.Mon-Saturday 8am-9.00pm Sunday from 2pm-9pm London -5 minutes walk from Finsbury Park and 2 minutes from Crouch Hill.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|