Bogumila Malinowska (MBACP)
My name is Bogumila.I see clients in two different places near Finsbury Park Station and 2 minutes walk from Crouch Hill station- both in N4.
My therapeutic work is based on modern Western psychotherapy methods and mindfulness/zen-the more intuitive ways. I consider my therapy approach as integrative-holistic.
I think that the we keep our mind can greatly affect our decisions, relationships, mental, emotional and physical condition, and chances in our day to day life. I believe that therapy should bring positive changes to our life from the very first session. My therapeutic work with individuals and people in relationships aims to help you resolve difficulties and work towards your hopes and aspirations.
I am aware that going to a therapy session for the first time may bring some level of anxiety. However, my clients say that they feel comfortable with me and my way of working from the very first session because I can create an atmosphere of understanding and simplicity. I am an active listener,very intuitive ,non judgemental,empathetic and mindful. I am not only a therapist but also an authorised mindfulness and zen teacher with over 35 years of experience leading short and long retreats in different countries including South Korea.
I have worked with difference and diversity in different ways. I recognise the impact of different forms of oppression on personal development, and on the chances that are available to people.
I am committed to working in anti-oppressive and inclusive ways. I am happy to work both short or longer term with people. Short-term work often involves specific issues and goals. This is also true for longer-term work, but can give way to a more free-flow exploration of issues as they arise.
I have worked in a number of settings, as a therapist including child protection, drugs, alcohol & drug addiction, sexuality & mental health settings. Different areas I deal with:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD),-different types of OCD
- work issues(abuses in the work place)
- panic attacks
- eating disorders
- Supporting clients going trough infertility process
- surviving of emotional abuse (gas lighting, silent treatment, narcissistic personality, passive aggressive behaviour etc.)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- low self-esteem
- physical and sexual abuse
- fear of change
- addictions - substances, emotional, behavioural, workaholic, sex, gambling, shopping, internet
- feelings of emptiness and unclear life directions
- parental issues
During therapy sessions we focus on the moment and see the roots of patterns and problems.
Where do I work from?
I work in N4 near Finsbury Park and Crouch Hill stations in London.
*I am fluent in Polish and understand Russian and similar Slavic languages.
*Reduced fees are available for the unemployed, clients with low income and students.
Please email me to arrange an inital appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Love and its shadows - Working with relationships online resources/training - 2019
- Impact of anxious attachment - May 2019
- Modern dating and love relationship - BACP south London private practice training - 2019
- Gestalt training at Gestalt Centre in London - October 2018
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - 2018
- Addiction, Bereavement, Relationship BACP - CPD - 2018
- BACP conference understanding identity and diversity in the therapy room - 2017
- Understanding Dementia, therapeutic way of communicating with people with dementia, helping family - 2017
- Mosac - Mothers of Children sexually abused organisation. Working style with families of young people and children sexually abused - 2017
- BACP accredited Counselling Degree, Middlesex University 2014 - 2016
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, London City Lit College 2012 - 2013
- Degree in teaching zen-mindfulness 2009
- Further Teaching Diploma Degree, Poland 2000 - 2003
- Master Degree in Teaching and Pedagogical Studies, Poland 1979 - 1988
Fight.Flight,Freeze-An experiential exercise to see what happens to us in alarming or critical incidents-BACP online training
- Workshops and mindfulness retreats in South Korea, US, Poland, Russia - 2016-2019
- Working with identity issues - 2016-2019
- Mosaic - working with non-abusive parents and people who are related to sexually abused children and young people - 2017
- Workshop about working with LGBTQ people at Westminster Drug Project - 2015
- The City and East London Bereavement Service - training - 2015
- Introductory Workshop -Counselling Place2Be, London - 2014
- Child Protection Certificate Course, London - 2013
- Challenging behaviour therapy for young people, London - 2012
- Certificate in Personal Coaching, London Coaching Academy - 2009
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Dealing with passive aggressive behaviour and coercive controlling relationships and gaslighting abuses.
- A healthy relationship with money
- Self-esteem, Anxiety, Depression, Relationship issues, Bereavement.
- Difficulty with adapting to the new job and place. Competitive environment and identity.
- Money and spirituality, dealing with power abuses and racism at workplace. Spritualy and everyday life.
- Struggling to accept being single, Childlessness, Pregnancy, Abortion.
- Single parent's support.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
Individual - £50-£65 per 50 min session. *Depending on location and income
Payment - at the end of each session.
In the case of changed circumstances, the fee can be discussed and reviewed.
Skype counselling is available for clients outside London and the country and for those who cannot attend face to face counselling.
*Concessions may be available, please discuss your circumstances with me.
I am a humanistic, integrative, mindfulness and holistic therapist with some years of experience. I hold a Master in mindfulness/zen teaching and languages teaching.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish, Russian (understood)Slavic|
accessible for wheelchair and other facility for clients with disability
Mon-Saturday 8am-9.00pm Sunday from 2pm-9.000pm North London-N4 -5 minutes walk from Finsbury Park Facility for the clients with disability. Morning slots- special discount. Family therapy.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|