Bogumila Malinowska-relationship,work,anxiety&depression Mindfulness therapist.
COVID:I can see now clients in face to face setting in N4 London near Finsbury Park station and Crouch Hill Overground station.I am BACP accredited counsellor/ psychotherapist and zen/mindfulness teacher.
I am still accepting new clients and am offering phone and video sessions via Zoom,Skype or other platforms for all clients . I have immediate openings for tele-therapy and would be happy to support you during this time of uncertainty and sometimes overwhelming stress. Start with a free-15-minute intake!
I am also available for short therapy support :
I will help you get in touch with your internal power/intuition so you know how to use all your internal resources. I can help with dealing with overthinking. I have long experience as a zen mindfulness teacher. I help with; intensity of feelings, relationship struggles, work and money relationship, intimacy and sexuality struggles.Helping to overcome Different addictions to:alcohol, drugs,pornograpy,sexual addiction ,gambling,hoarding,shopping,and thoughts' addiction
I will help with the high level of uncertainty, isolation, depression, panics, anxiety, loneliness, work dissatisfaction, self-esteem and self-image, to feel good enough, dealing effectively with automatic negative thoughts. Our sessions will give you tools on how to enhance and tap into your different types of energy. I use modern therapy and mindfulness techniques.
I am confident that I can help with this time of collective adversity using modern and traditional mindfulness/zen methods.I am qualified by BACP therapist and zen/mindfulness and koans authorised teacher.
Counselling/talking therapy will help you to deal with day to day isolation, anxiety, fear, uncertainty, depression, and to maintain peaceful, loving and harmonious relationship with family and partner. It will help with work and self esteem struggles as well as with underling emotional and mental health problems and so on.
At the moment I provide my service through; Skype, WhatsApp, telephone and e-mail. Once restrictions ease further I can see you face to face, hopefully soon in the N4 area.
Therapy is a great way of investing in our self development. I help clients to achieve all their goals in order to live happy, free of worries and meaningful life, taking off the roots of the life patterns, breaking through fear and anxiety, addictions, go from codependent to independent. While it's easy to take things personally, you should never let anyone's perceptions or actions affect how you see yourself or your worth. Your life is personal to you, and it is up to you to influence your own value and sense of well-being and self worth.
Going to a therapy session for the first time may bring some level of anxiety and curiosity. It can be a great way of self development and self investment .
My clients say that they feel comfortable with me and my way of working from the very first session because I can create an atmosphere of understanding, openness, and simplicity with no judgment.
My therapeutic work is based on modern Western psychotherapy methods and mindfulness/zen-the more intuitive ways. I consider my therapy approach as integrative-holistic.
I have worked in a number of settings, as a therapist including addiction to drugs, alcohol and other types of addiction, sexuality and mental health settings.Social injustices affecting work and relationships are the areas of my interest. Struggles in management level. Many of my clients tend to come to me for help with their different relationships including love relationship, self esteem, self image and work-related issues, childhood trauma.
How can counselling help you?
I help you to see what is holding you back and overcome hindrances. I think that the way we keep our mind can greatly affect our decisions, relationships, mental, emotional and physical condition, and changes in our day to day life. I believe that therapy should bring positive changes to our life from the very first session. My therapeutic work with individuals and people in relationships aims to help you resolve difficulties and work towards your hopes and aspirations.I was said that after therapy session clients feel freed from self judgment, negative thoughts and very uplifted and inspired to further work and development.
I have worked with difference and diversity in different ways. I recognise the impact of different forms of oppression on personal development, and on the chances that are available to people.
How many sessions will I need?
I am happy to work both short or longer-term with people. Short-term work often involves specific issues and goals. This is also true for longer-term work but can give way to a more free-flow exploration of issues as they arise.
During therapy sessions, we focus on the moment and see the roots of patterns and problems.
Where do I work from?
I am now working across three locations. I offer my therapeutic counselling from; Stroud Green Rd N4 3PX and Crouch Hill Rd N4 4BY at Brickworks Community Centre. This is for one to one and family therapy.
I also provide my Skype service from Crouch Hill N4 4BY. All three places are well located in London with tube, overground and bus connections.
*I am fluent in Polish and understand Russian and similar Slavic languages.
*Reduced fees are available for the unemployed, clients with low income and students.
Getting in touch...
If you have any questions or would like to book an initial appointment, then I welcome you to either call or text me on 07742979050 or click here to send me an email. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Work at private practice: londoncounsellingcentre.org
- BACP accredited Counselling Degree, Middlesex University 2014 - 2016
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, London City Lit College 2012 - 2013
- Degree in teaching zen-mindfulness 2009/koans -intuition development
- Further Teaching Diploma Degree, Poland 2000 - 2003
- Master Degree in Teaching and Pedagogical Studies, Poland 1979 - 1988
pornography/sexual and gambling addiction
- Working online with clients
- Working with LGBT &Q clients
- Let the voices be heard!
- An international conversation on counselling, psychotherapy and social justice BACP webcast training December 2019
- Sex addiction -BACP private practice conference in Brixton,November 2019
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)Muscle Dysmorphia particularly in males. Mind or body – what’s in charge. BACP conference-November 2019
- Love and its shadows - Working with relationships online resources/training - 2019
- The new man love-about expressing in healthy way emotion and the male needs of love -2019
- Impact of anxious attachment - May 2019
- Modern dating and love relationship - BACP south London private practice training - 2019
- Gestalt training at Gestalt Centre in London - October 2018
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - 2018
- Addiction, Bereavement, Relationship BACP - CPD - 2018
- Mosac - Family of Children sexually abused organisation. Working style with families of young people and children sexually abused - 2017
- BACP conference understanding identity and diversity in the therapy room - 2017
- Understanding Dementia, therapeutic way of communicating with people with dementia, helping family - 2017
- The new male sexuality-training and reading about deling with relationship and intimacy issues
- Fight. Flight, Freeze - An experiential exercise to see what happens to us in alarming or critical incidents-BACP online training
- Workshops and mindfulness retreats in South Korea, US, Poland, Russia - 2016-2019
- Working with identity issues - 2016-2019
- Mosac - working with non-abusive parents and people who are related to sexually abused children and young people - 2017
- Workshop about working with LGBTQ people at Westminster Drug Project - 2015
- The City and East London Bereavement Service - training - 2015
- Introductory Workshop -Counselling Place2Be, London - 2014
- Child Protection Certificate Course, London - 2013
- Challenging behaviour therapy for young people, London - 2012
- Certificate in Personal Coaching, London Coaching Academy - 2009
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
*Dealing with overthinking passive aggressive behaviour and coercive controlling relationships and gaslighting abuses.
- A healthy relationship with money
- Self-esteem, Anxiety, Depression, Relationship issues, Bereavement.
- Difficulty with adapting to the new job and place. Competitive environment and identity.
- Money and spirituality, dealing with power abuses and racism at workplace. Spirituality and everyday life.
- Struggling to accept being single, Childlessness, Pregnancy, Abortion.
- Single parent's support.
- Body image issues
Individual - £40-£50 per 50 min session. *Depending on location, time of therapy session and income
During COVID 19 PANDEMIC significant discount for elderly on the low income and with disability clients £35 /50 minutes session.
Payment - at the end of each session.
In the case of changed circumstances, the fee can be discussed and reviewed.
Skype, WhatsApp a zoom counselling is available for clients from London, outside London and the international clients .
*Concessions may be available, please discuss your circumstances with me.
Concessions offered for
I am an active listener, very intuitive, non-judgemental, empathetic and mindful. I think I am highly effective for all my clients. I am not only a therapist but also an authorised mindfulness and zen teacher with over 35 years of experience. I lead short and long retreats in different part of the World including US and South Korea.
Different areas I deal with:
- generalised anxiety disorder
- panic disorder
- family issues
- feeling sad
- separation and divorce anxiety
- Employment (problem with managing ,struggling with toxic atmosphere in the work place)
- panic attacks
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD) different types of OCD
- relationships and sexual problems
- work and career-related issues
- abuses in the workplace
- eating disorders
- dealing with narcissist
- supporting clients going trough infertility process
- surviving of emotional abuse (gaslighting, silent treatment, narcissistic personality,
- passive-aggressive behaviour etc.)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Muscle dysmorphia particularly in males
- low self-esteem
- physical and sexual abuse
- fear of change
- Fear of ageing
- addictions - substances, emotional, behavioural, workaholic, sex, gambling, shopping, internet
- feelings of emptiness and unclear life directions
- parental issues.
Room is in easy reach of Upper Holloway, Crouch End, Archway, North London, Hornsey, Haringey, Holloway, Manor House, Highgate, Tufnell Park, Seven Sisters, Finsbury Park, Dartmouth Park, Highbury, Parliament Hill Fields, Lower Holloway, South Tottenham, Wood Green, Stoke Newington, Kentish Town
Nearest Train Stations Crouch Hill (0.1 miles) Harringay (0.7 miles) Finsbury Park (0.8 miles) Upper Holloway (0.8 miles) Harringay Green Lanes (0.9 miles) Hornsey (1 miles) Drayton Park (1.6 miles) Kentish Town (1.8 miles) Alexandra Palace (1.8 miles) Gospel Oak (1.8 miles)
Nearest London Underground Tube Stations Finsbury Park (0.8 miles) Archway (0.8 miles) Manor House (1 miles) Arsenal (1.1 miles) Highgate (1.3 miles)