Rose Whiteley UKCP & COSRT accredited
I am an experienced, accredited psychotherapist, sex therapist and counsellor. I work with a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. I have special expertise and training in couples counselling. Relationship issues I am experienced in working with include communication problems, arguments and conflict, and sexual difficulties of all kinds including affairs and sexual compulsivity.
Gender and sexual diversity clients are very welcome, as are those in open or polyamorous relationships. I also see couples who are considering separation or divorce, and want to work things out as amicably as possible for themselves and/or their children.
I work in private practice in mid Bedfordshire. Most people refer themselves to me, although I also receive referrals from GP's and other health professionals.
If you come to see me for an Assessment session, I will take time to find out what specifically is bringing you into therapy at this time, and what you are hoping to get out of it. I am interested in the whole person: body, mind, emotions, spirit, relationships, family and social context. Often we find that events and patterns from the past still influence us in the present, even if we don’t realise it, and exploring this is often an important part of our work.
Training, qualifications & experience
2003: Post-graduate Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Psychotherapy for Sexual Dysfunction
2001: Advanced Diploma in Humanistic-Integrative Counselling
I am a Principal Tutor on the Diploma in Humanistic-Integrative Counselling at CPPD Counselling School in North London.
In addition to almost 20 years' private practice, I have also worked as a therapist at an inner city young people's agency, an NHS Sex Therapy Clinic and at a maximum-security prison.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
These are some of the reasons people come to me for psychotherapy or counselling:
* Are you suffering from stress, anxiety, panic attacks or depression?
* Do you have low confidence or self-esteem, or struggle with managing anger?
* Do you struggle to cope with things that happened to you in the past such as emotional, physical or sexual abuse?
* Are you in a rut, or unsure about what you want from life?
* Have you suffered bereavement or experienced another painful loss?
These are some of the reasons people come to see me for relationship, couples or psychosexual therapy:
* Are you having difficulties around jealousy and trusting each other?
* Recovering from an affair?
* Are you constantly bickering or arguing?
* Are you finding you no longer seem to desire sex, even though you might sometimes "want to want" it?
* Do you have problems getting aroused? For men, this may mean problems getting or maintaining an erection; for women, a lack of physical enjoyment or lubrication.
* Do you find it difficult to reach orgasm?
* Do you ejaculate before you want to, leaving yourself and/or your partner dissatisfied?
* Do you find penetration painful or impossible?
* Are there issues from your past which are stopping you from being able to enjoy sex now, such as sexual trauma or negative childhood messages about sex?
Couples £50-£75 for a 60 minute session; individuals £40-£60 for a 50 minute session - both depending on income.
You can read my blog here: Rose Whiteley's Blog
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I generally see clients between around 8.30am and 7.30pm, Mondays to Fridays. Other times are sometimes available by arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have a Diploma in Clinical Supervision and offer supervision for both general psychotherapy/counselling and psychosexual work.View supervision profile