Angie Lozanova Pg Dip M.B.A.C.P. (Accred) UKRCP. Reg Psychotherapist/Cllr/Spvsr
Welwyn Garden City
01707 707957 / 07508 934271
- Hi, I'm Angie, a Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Supervisor with over 25 year's experience supporting people in crisis. I work with individuals, couples, families and organisations. I specialise in Addiction, Anger-management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Marriage Counselling, Panic attacks, Relationships issues and Stress. I provide face-to-face, video conferencing, email or telephone sessions.
- To help you decide whether I'm the right counsellor for you, I offer a free 15 minute telephone or video consultation
- GROUP THERAPY is also available - a more affordable method of counselling for those on lower incomes or people wanting to try group work.
Perhaps you are you struggling with anxiety, stress or depression or your relationship is in turmoil. Maybe you are experencing difficulties at work or having a hard time coming to terms with a bereavement? Whatever the reason counselling can help.
I provide a non-judgemental atmosphere where you'll begin to see the patterns of behaviour that are making you repeat mistakes. If you are looking for someone caring, knowledgeable and committed to helping you, call me on 01707 707957.
Please read my reviews underneath.
I also provide supervision to counsellors, barristers, solicitors and other people in emotionally-demanding jobs.
The supervisory relationship is a very important one and finding the right supervisor is crucial. That's why I offer a FREE 30 minute face-to-face meeting to potential supervisees so you can get an idea of how I work. Ì specialise in helping newly-qualified counsellors and trainees- a time that requires much support, containment and guidance.
A selection of reviews from previous clients:
"When I found Angie online I wasn't sure what to expect as I hadn't gone to therapy in about 10 years and wasn't sure how long I would need the therapy, how we would get on etc. I really needed someone who didn't know me to just listen and not judge and I am so glad I found her.
Angie helped me through some of my past and relationships with family, work etc and allowed me to work out what I was going through and why. I think sometimes when someone else looks at your life from a different perspective they help you back on track when you didn't realise you had come off of it.
She has helped me love myself again, look after myself and I thank her for warm and kind words, her relaxed atmosphere and allowing me to just speak what was on my mind. It felt like talking to a friend and I loved that about her.
I will def use Angie again if and when I need that advice and guiding in life again.
Thank you Angie :) x."
"If you have tried other counselling, don't give up! Not all counsellors and therapy is the same. I would thoroughly recommend Angie, she is very approachable and easy to work with."
"Angie has been an extremely good listener and is able to respond with clarity - she makes things sound so simple (in a good way) and allows you to see the wood through the trees. Her passion shines through about the work she does but also the people she works with, it's clear to see that not only does she understand, but she cares."
"As someone that has never been to counselling before, she put me at ease and made me feel incredibly welcome."
"Angie helped me to understand myself so much more than I ever have done. This has had a really positive effect on the way I feel about myself and the way I deal with particular situations."
"Choosing the person I wanted to speak to was one of the hardest parts of counselling. I chose Angie because of her warm and smiley photo and can now highly recommend her. She made me feel at ease from the moment I first spoke with her. Angie has actually changed my life and I will be forever grateful for it."
"Without the guidance of Angie, my husband and I would most certainly be divorced. Through many sessions we have reached a point where we can use the tools we learnt to deal with our marriage in a positive way. We are very thankful to Angie for being open, supportive and non-judgemental. I would say to anyone on the brink of a breakup or divorce- call Angie!!!!"
I'm ranked 1st out of 811 UK Counsellors on Freeindex
Privacy Statement: In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), any personal information sent via this website will only be used to contact you with details of services you have requested. Your personal details will not be retained for any other purpose, nor will they be shared with any other organization.
I provide you with a full privacy statement and digital policy when you contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic and Person-Centred Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- OCN Accredited Parent Group Facilitator
- Counselling Supervisor
- Group Therapy Facilitator
- infertility and miscarriage support
- Specialist Substance Abuse and Addictions Worker
- Founder of the JLC Foundation - a Drug and Alcohol Support Group for relatives of addicts
- Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Certificate in Child and Adolescent Depression and Self Harm
- Community Cohesion and Equality Impact Assessment Training. Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Child protection training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also run events for other therapists, health professionals and the general public. Please ask for a program of events.
A Certificate of attendance will be issued for all events.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
£65 for individuals
£95 for initial consultations, couples and families
£125 for families
Reductions sometimes available for people on low income or perhaps you'd like to consider group therapy
£50 for 45 minutes supervision
I provide SUPERVISION to Counsellors, trainees and people in emotionally challenging jobs. Group and peer Supervision also available.
The relationship with your supervisor is very important so I offer a 30 minute FREE introductory session so you can see if it's me you would like to work with.
45 minutes for £46.50 thereafter. Reduced rates are available to students on a low income or those with very few clients starting out in placements or private practice.
I help counsellors grow their private practice, assist them with the GDPR regulations and general provide support to them as well as with their client work.
Group therapy is a powerful and affordable method of change. It's also an opportunity to see how others experience you, not only how you experience them. Ask me for more details.
Seminars, workshops and lectures available and tailored to individual needs. Imminent ones are "GDPR Follow Up" and "Working with Suicidal Ideology or its Aftermath." Please ask for details or to be added to my mailing list.
I'm currently forming a supervision group. If you'd like to be a part of it please do call me or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri 10.30 - 21.30. Appointment page: calendly.com/angie-herts-counselling
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Good supervision is crucial in this line of work.