Third Level Foundation Ltd
35A Union Street
0800 021 7704 / 07794 415410
We believe that improving Mental Health improves General Health and Well-being. The two types of health are linked yet we tend to treat them with different priorities.
When someone breaks an arm, they go to see a doctor. When that same person has a problem with their mental health, they may be more hesitant about looking for support. When their problem gets worse it can create stress in those around them. Although we are living in the 21st Century, Mental Health is often perceived as less important than physical health, and is not treated as a priority.
We are a Social Enterprise (not-for-profit organisation), based in Aberdeen, and the North East of Scotland, with an aim to support those in difficult situations which affect their Mental Health. .
The Specific Objectives of the Enterprise are
- To provide counselling and support to individuals and families in conditions of need, physical or mental suffering, and distress.
- To enable such persons to receive help compassion and support and assist and counsel them, at their discretion, to decide on their appropriate way forward.
- To educate and inform the public in general of the benefits of good mental health and to encourage the use of services in order to prevent deterioration of mental health.
- To promote services which encourage building of confidence within individuals, families and the greater community.
Training, qualifications & experience
We do this through providing counselling and workshops, while raising awareness of Mental Health issues and challenging the stigma around them.
These services create awareness of a healthy mind, confidence and good communication. Counselling is provided for Individuals, Couples, Young People and Carers to explore their situation, and work through their problems. Workshops include Confidence Building, Communication and Understanding Behaviour which provide skills for maintaining a sense of self and well being. Workshops with topics such as Emotional Development, Anger Management, Stress and Anxiety help build a toolkit of strategies and coping methods. The aim of the process is to integrate learning, and change, in ways that encourage mental health to be incorporated as an important part of general health.
All our counsellors have professional qualifications, belong to BACP or COSCA, and work to the Professional body's standards. We provide accredited couple counsellors.
We also support counsellors in training at Aberdeen University.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
As a Social Enterprise we are committed to supporting everyone in the community.
We have a sliding scale of fees which are discussed when you attend your first appointment.
We endeavour to offer you an appointment within a week and aim to work without waiting lists as
we are aware that you need support when you ask for it.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Friday 10.00 - 19.00 Saturday - 10.00 - 14.00
Types of client