Sue O'Sullivan Reg. MBACP, Accredited
44b Old High Street
Hi, I'm Sue and have been working for many years counselling people from different backgrounds with issues such as relationship difficulties, domestic abuse, anxiety, depression, panic, stress, low self esteem and loss from bereavement, ending of relationships or physical illness. Life events and changes can feel frightening, with a sense of having loss of control. You may be experiencing overwhelming emotions, frustration, isolation or feel misunderstood.
In the first instance, just coming to discuss and talk through what is happening in a safe, supportive space can offer some relief. I will be asking some questions to help me understand and get to know what may be underlying your difficulties. I will also also ask you what you would like to achieve, so that we can work towards your goals.
Part of how I work will be to assist in seeing yourself more clearly by looking at aspects of your thinking and feeling. Through active listening, and observing your communication, both verbal and non-verbal, I will reflect back observations. You then begin to become more aware of your way of being, gaining insights about the reasons for your difficulties or limitations. With new understanding you can have a clearer view of the choices and possibilities open to you and develop your own ways to move forward confidently and optimistically.
At regular intervals I will review our work together to make sure I am working to meet your requirements.
I am happy to speak to you on the phone, which may help decide if you wish to meet me. You can email, text or leave a message giving me convenient times to get back to you. My phone number is 07780 826670.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Registered Member of BACP
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling skills
- Cruse bereavement supervisor
Over the last 6 years I have been counselling in a hospice and a women's centre.
I now work in private practice and see NHS referred clients for anxiety and depression due to bereavement and life limiting illness,at The Peace Hospice.
I am a supervisor for volunteers at Herts Cruse Bereavement Care.
I integrate theory and interventions from humanistic and psychodynamic approaches which enables flexibiliy in my way of working, depending on your needs. I incorporate Transactional Analysis and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
I attend regular continuting professional development, which has included training in anger management, trauma, attachment theory, Impact of having an alcoholic parent, disordered eating.
I am Registered and Accredited with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and work within their ethical guidelines.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- £40.00 for 50 minute sessions.
- I accept payment by cash or cheque, payable on the day.
- I charge £20 for cancellations of less than 24 hours notice.
- I offer short term (6 - 12 weeks) and long-term therapy.
- I have regular supervision and ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
- I am fully insured and DBS checked.
- I work with individuals from the age of 18 upwards.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings, Saturdays.
Types of client