I offer a safe, confidential space for individuals to explore any part of their life that is causing distress and stopping them from reaching their full potential. I am currently working as a young persons counsellor but have experience counselling people of all ages.
I believe that you are the expert on what is going on for you, maybe you want to explore the way you are thinking or feeling, or experiencing a problem or issue that you are keen to resolve.
You may choose to speak to a counsellor because you feel that you cannot speak to your friends or family about personal issues, I provide therapy and support for a wide range of problems including anger, anxiety, depression, bereavement and loss and grief. Together we can identify core problems by exploring your thoughts and feelings surrounding difficult issues and work out ways to manage your current feelings as well as helping you to find better ways or skills to manage problems in the future.
If you would like to discuss your requirements or find out more about counselling you are very welcome to call me in confidence on 07584036348 and leave me a message or alternatively you can email me as above.
Training, qualifications & experience
My counselling training is of the highest standard, and my qualifications are accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- 2009: Certificate in Counselling skills (Int)
- 2010: Certificate in Counselling skills (adv)
- 2011: Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- 2015: High merit in Eating disorders
- Currently studying Post traumatic stress disorders.
I attend regular continual professional development training courses to keep my knowledge and skills up to date. I also keep abreast of the latest research in counselling and psychotherapy. These two things combined inform my practice to ensure that you receive the best service I can provide.
- Place 2 Be training
- Making endings with children
- Introduction to Attachment Theory and practice
- Children's Emotional Wellbeing
- Helping children tell their stories
- Working with difference and diversity
- Relate training
- Domestic violence and abuse: awareness and safety
- Working with and supporting bereaved children and young people from military families
- Online counselling and therapy in action
- Gender and sexual diversity
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Working with anxiety
- Solution focused therapy
- Suicidal risk and support
- Mental health : Eating disorders
- Mindful sex and relationship therapy
- Understanding adolescence
I have previously counselled on a voluntary basis for 'Place 2 Be' and 'Eye to Eye' as a young persons counsellor working with clients age 5 to 25 years old. My varied experience has given me access to a broad spectrum of clients, with a range of mental health and life event issues.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). As such I am committed to adhering to the (BACP) ethical framework (www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Individuals - £35 for each 50 minute session
I offer a 30 minute consultation either face to face or over the telephone free of charge if desired.
I have evening appointments available Monday to Wednesday as well as Saturdays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and at weekends.
Types of client