Sam Wareing Registered MBACP
Are you looking for a Counsellor in March or the surrounding area?
Do you perhaps feel stuck, isolated or misunderstood?
March Counselling provides a Professional Counselling service based in March, Cambridgeshire offering a safe, supportive space to be yourself, to explore your feelings without judgement or criticism.
A therapeutic relationship offers a safe space to help you to explore and work through parts of your life that may be causing confusion/emotional distress.
I believe that people are unique individuals and as such my model of therapy is not just centred on one model of Counselling but uses an integrative approach which builds on the theories of person centred, psychodynamic and existential counselling. I also use a variety of creative interventions where appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care and eligible for Accreditation.
My qualifications and training include:
- Level 1 Dual Diagnosis training
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children
- MBSR-T Course (Mindfulness stress reduction for Adolescents)
- Certificate in Third Wave CBT incl. Mindfulness, ACT, CFT and DBT (BPS Approved)
- Certificate in Supervision
- Prof. Training in Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness (British Mindfulness Institute)
- 8 week Mindful Meditation Course (based on MBSR)
- Mental Health First Aid
- CHOICES training - Understanding the effects of childhood sexual abuse
- PODS training - Relational Trauma, Attachment, Somatisation and Dissociation, Recovery.
- ESTD UK Post Foundation Course - Working with Dissociation
- Eating Disorder Foundation course
- Certificate in Dementia Care
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- CRUSE Children and Young People
- CRUSE Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Advanced Certificate in Education and Professional Development (University of East Anglia)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (St Katherine's College, Leeds)
- BA (Hons) English & Sociology (University of Liverpool)
- Enhanced CRB
In addition to my Counselling training I complete substantial Continuing Professional Development each year.
This has included working with Bereavement and loss, Supervision courses with Robin Shohet, Mindfulness with the British Mindful Institute, Family Life work Dr Lynn Souter Anderson, Penny Parks Inner Child Therapy, Bowlby and Attachment theory, Emmy van Deurzen's Existential therapy,Trauma Healing; An Interpersonal Neurobiological approach to transforming Developmental trauma by Dr Daniel Siegel, An Integrative approach to treatment of clients with complex PTSD and Dissociative disorders with Kathy Steele and A Masterclass with Dr Stephen Porges on the Transformative power of feeling safe and his Polyvagal Theory,
More recently, BPS LC approved training in Third wave CBT as well as ongoing training in brief psychological interventions using CBT, Health Coaching for behaviour change, Solution Focused and Motivational Interviewing.
As a Choices Counsellor, I also frequently train in the area of Adult Survivors of Childhood sexual abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Current fee for each 60 minutes session:
Initial assessment/Introductory sessions - £25 (1 hour)
Couples - £40
Concessions are available for unemployed/low waged and student/counselling trainees.
Please telephone me on 07799316777 or email me on email@example.com and I will be happy to answer any questions.
I abide by the ethical framework of BACP, hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance and have an enhanced CRB certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon and Wed, 9.30am- 8pm, Thurs 4-8pm, Fri 9.30am-3pm, Saturday 9.30-5.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Sam Wareing Reg.MBACP.View supervision profile