Robyn Saffer Adult/Child Counsellor. Psychotherapist working with Young People.
118 High Street
The Changing Room
66-70 High Street
I am committed to offering you the opportunity to build a unique relationship where we can think about your thoughts,feelings and behaviour, together with any difficulties you are experiencing in a safe and confidential place.
I am an experienced counsellor accredited to work with adults and children. I am also a psychotherapist qualified to work with children, young people and families.
If you feel overwhelmed, are finding it hard to cope, are stuck in a cycle and wondering why the same thing keeps happening to you over and over again, then counselling can help. Sometimes things are so familiar we accept them as normal or unchangeable. I aim to help you identify any negative beliefs that you may have and challenge whether they are the reality, in order to help you thrive. Difficult events happen to all of us. Therapy is not about avoiding or denying difficult life events, it is about developing emotional and psychological resilience.
I have worked with many clients where our therapeutic relationship has empowered them to make positive and lasting changes.
I believe it is important that you feel comfortable and safe with the therapist you choose. Therefore I offer a free of charge 20 minute telephone conversation to prospective clients.
This gives you the opportunity to share your reasons for considering therapy and ask any questions you might have. You and I can then decide whether it would be beneficial for you to attend an initial counselling session.
I am committed to offering you the opportunity to explore and share your thoughts and feelings together with any difficulties you are experiencing in a safe, non judgmental and confidential space.
I have worked with many male and female clients across a range of ages and different cultural backgrounds, who have shared a wide range of issues. Some of the reasons clients have attended therapy are: depression, low mood, anxiety, bereavement, overwhelming emotions, unable to function at work, miscarriage, parenting struggles including concerns about repeating negative experiences from your own childhood, lack of confidence/self esteem, cultural differences, difficulties recovering from a trauma, caring for a sick partner/relative/friend, relationship conflicts, will I ever....... (e.g. meet a partner, have children)
If you would like to arrange a telephone appointment you can contact me by telephone or email. All points of contact are confidential.
How I work
I am trained to work with you at your pace depending on your individual needs.
I work using a contractual method. This means that you and I agree together the focus of your therapy sessions.
I can use my skills to help you in any or all of the following ways:
- I can offer you a safe place were you can be heard and express your uncensored thoughts and feelings.
- I can explore with you and help you identify negative repeating patterns in your life. I can help you understand the part you play in these patterns.
- You can share your past experiences and we can see if and how they affect you today.
- I can help you consider alternative ways of thinking, feeling or behaving.
- If you choose to, you can create new opportunities and goals for long lasting changes, in a supportive and creative environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to working in private practice, I worked as a Counsellor at the Harrow Women's Centre for seven years and in a primary and secondary school for the charity Place2Be for four and a half years.
I studied at the Metanoia Institute and Tavistock and Portman Centre which specialise in the professional training of counsellors and psychotherapists. I have the following qualifications:
MA (Distinction) in Psychological Therapies working with Children, Young People and Families
BA(Hons) Transactional Analysis Counselling, Dip. Counselling and Certicate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT).
Post Graduate Certificate in Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Well-Being.
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor - MBACP(Accred)..
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Relationship Issues - including partner, family, friends
- Existential issues - will I ever............. (e.g. meet someone, have children)
- Parenting struggles - e.g. caring for children with learning difficulties, children leaving home,
- New parents - e.g. anticipation or arrival of a new baby
- Multiple births - feelings around being pregnant with more than one child, coping with the birth and parenting of multiples.
- Illness of self/friend/relative
- Feelings of isolation/loneliness
- Cultural issues (e.g. fitting in, differences)
- Children coping with separation/difficulties at home
- Adolescent stress and worries
Sessions are 50 minutes and cost £50
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client