Best Start Therapy suggests and expresses my core belief that all children should have the best start in life when it comes to their mental health. “Grow from within” reinforces my philosophy that as a psychotherapeutic counsellor I acknowledge that change comes from within and as a therapist I am there to facilitate that growth.
I consider myself to be an integrative psychotherapeutic counsellor drawing on a range of theories to support me in my client work and, with the use of creative media, be able to adapt to my clients’ needs and utilise a range of methods to help encourage them to communicate their needs effectively. I established Best Start Therapy in order to offer children and young people a psychotherapeutic counselling service, whether that be privately, part of a contract or through a school or a local authority service. The service I provide to both the individual Child / Young person and the service I provide to schools, can be tailored to meet their requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Northern guild institute Psychotherapy and Counselling, Newcastle
- Diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling with children and young people, 2016
- Northern guild institute Psychotherapy and Counselling, Newcastle.
- Post-graduate diploma in psychotherapy, 2015.
- LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, LEEDS, BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COUNSELLING AND THERAPEUTIC STUDIES, 2009
- John Leggott sixth form college, Scunthorpe, a-level history, a-level politics
- A-level English literature, 2006
- John Leggott sixth form college, Scunthorpe, avce health and social care
- As-level sociology 2013
- Child attachment interview training 4 day course - 2013
- Child protection level3 foundation course 2 day course - 2012
- Introducing psychoanalytic ideas on sexual perversions, delinquency and violence - 2010- 2011
- Helping children with troubled parents - 2011
- Working with children and parents together, 3 day workshop - 2009
- Helping children speak about feelings, what to say how to be - 2008
- Family breakdown, divorce and parents fighting, helping children and young people recover - 2008
- Further training information is available upon request
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
FOR PRIVATE CLIENTS EACH 50 MINUTE THERAPY SESSION IS £50
INITIAL / INTAKE SESSION £15
PRICES CAN BE VARIED DEPENDING ON INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCE PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS.
Prices for schools, local authorities and other services can be negotiated depending on number of clients and length of contracts. Prices for 1:1 individual session can be negotiated.
PAYMENT CAN BE CASH, CHEQUE, BACS TRANSFERS, FOR ESTABLISHMENTS MONTHLY INVOICES WILL BE PRODUCED.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My availability can be flexible to include weekends and evenings.