Peter Oates, MBACP Integrative Counsellor
07790018095 / 07790018095
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor, working in and using the relationship between ourselves and others as the basis for therapeutic change.
As well as the process of awareness of our own personality and how we learn from life events using our bonds with others, I use CBT techniques among other approaches to remain focussed on finding the clients own route to growth and self awareness.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma and advanced diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- NHS mental health worker
- Substance Misuse Project work (one to one as well as group)
- Group facilitator in both peer lead social support and group therapy
- Delivering self help information through locally available classes
The Integrative training aims to move individual therapists from eclectic therapy (applying multiple theories), to an integrated style that both matches the therapists personality and the way we create and manage change in therapy.
My interests remain in personality roles, including gender and identity, and the impact of cultural pressure on conformity, among other reactions. I have found and continue professional development in all approaches which challenge and improve my understanding of therapeutic relationships.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and some day time appointments available.