Owen Newman BA (Hons) Cert, Dip, Adv Dip, Adv Int Dip, MNCS Accred
07956 283 702
I know that deciding to see a therapist can be difficult so please do contact me if you have any questions or concerns. All converstions are confidential.
As an integrative CBT therapist, I draw on a wide range of approaches that we can adapt to your specific needs and preferences and all the methods and techniques I will show you are evidence based, meaning that their effectiveness has been researched and tested over many decades.
I specialise in working through anxiety, stress, depression and anger related problems as well as questions of meaning and direction in life.
What to expect:
- You will have the space to work through thoughts and feelings in a friendly, supportive and confidential environment with acceptance and without judgement.
- Sessions will have a clear focus and direction so that you understand what we are doing to help you move forward in positive ways.
- We will put into place a practical plan for you to make positive changes and remain resilient when things get difficult.
I am based at clinics in Finchley Road NW3, near West Hampstead and Finchley Road underground, overground and rail stations, and in South Molton Street W1, near Bond Street underground station. I also work with many clients via Skype or phone - an equally effective and very convenient, lower cost alternative.
Training, qualifications & experience
As an integrative CBT therapist, I work with a range of different approaches within the CBT tradition including Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT), Cognitive Therapy (CT) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) as well as other related approaches including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and I am CRB/DBS certified. I trained at King's College London University and at The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies London. I hold an honours degree in Philosophy, a Certificate in Counselling and three postgraduate diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Diploma in CBT, Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT, Advanced Diploma in CBT/REBT with Distinction.
In addition to my private practice, I am a registered therapist for a national charity supporting people experiencing anxiety and depression.
Issues I can help with include:
- Managing stress better.
- Overcoming anxiety related issues such as chronic worry, insomnia, panic attacks, performance or public speaking anxiety, social anxiety, general anxiety disorder and phobias including agoraphobia.
- Talking through feelings of sadness or emptiness. Finding a way out of low moods or depression.
- Dealing with conflict better. Managing anger and frustration better or being more assertive.
- Improving confidence, self-esteem or self-image.
- Coping better with social situations. Making better connections.
- Stopping unwanted cycles of thinking and behaviour such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies, like OCD, or issues around food and eating, like bingeing, or addictive tendencies.
- Adjusting to a loss, for example, a bereavement, divorce or separation, or redundancy.
- Working through unresolved issues from the past.
- Coming to terms with a traumatic experience.
- Coping better with ill health or physical issues and limitations.
- Working through issues concerning sex or intimacy.
- Working through problems in relationships, family life or at work.
- Sharing concerns that are weighing on you but you haven't been able to talk about to anyone.
- Feeling less stuck and finding more sense of purpose in life.
- Overcoming procrastination and feeling more motivated!
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
To make therapy as accessible as possible, I offer the following options:
Skype/phone therapy: £35
Clinic in Finchley Road NW3: £48
Clinic in South Molton Street W1: £65
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments Monday to Saturday in NW3, W1 and via Skype/phone.
Types of client