Nia Williams PG Dip Integrative counselling MBACP
Hello, I am a friendly, down to earth, qualified and experienced integrative counsellor, who is a registered member of the BACP. I offer face to face individual counselling for anyone over the age of 16.
I work in an integrative way, meaning that my way of working can be tailored to suit you, as everyone has different ways of getting through life. I believe that you are the expert on you and your experiences; through my understanding of human behaviour and relationships, we can gain further understanding of who you are, and how you relate to people. Having the space to explore yourself and your relationships can give you insight into yourself and possibly change in a way that is beneficial to you.
My approach is drawn from several models, including person centred, psychodynamic, existential, humanistic and a small amount of CBT. I believe that the relationship is the most important factor and I will endevour to build trust through providing you with a confidential and non-judgemental space.
I have previously worked in the areas of: domestic abuse; mental health, including mental health advocacy and samaritans; and domiciliary care, which has provided me with an insight into the struggles of life. I have experience of working with trauma, suicidal thoughts, anxiety and depression, as well as with serious mental health problems.
I am very interested in creative ways of working, which include using music, photography, art, sandplay, masks, and utilising the natural world.
The room I currently use is on the second floor which, unfortunately, means that I cannot offer counselling to people with limited mobility.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- MSc Social Science Research Methods (Sociology)
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Independent Advocacy
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Supporting Clients with Personality Disorders
- Introduction to Sandplay and Advanced Skills in Sandplay
- Play and Creative Arts Methods in Counselling
- Samaritans Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- Alcohol Brief Intervention
- Young People and Substance Misuse
- Freedom Programme- Domestic Abuse Programme
- Into the Light- Supporting others and growing ourselves, training on sexual abuse recovery
- A Logical Way of Being- screening of training DVD on the reality of Dissociative Identity Disorder and other complex dissociative conditions
- Child Protection level one and two
- Safeguarding and Protection of Children
- Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Adults
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
£30-£40 depending on your financial circumstances. Concessions available as I believe that counselling should be available to all, regardless of financial circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client