Lynne Muir BA (Hons), Dip Ed, Dip Couns and Groupwork, CMCOSCA
0131 654 0053
I am a qualified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist and counsellor. I provide therapy for a range of problems, drawing upon current evidence-based practices. I have over seventeen years experience working in education and since 2013 have worked primarily to support children and young people with a wide spectrum of social, emotional and behavioural needs. I have a great deal of experience working with adolescent anxiety, stress and low mood.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a way of looking at the links between how we think, how we feel and how we behave. During times of mental stress or distress, changing the way we think or behave can have really positive benefits on the way we feel and can help us to look at our situation in a different way. We can learn new ways of dealing with our problems helping us to cope better. We would do this together and at your own pace work towards your own goals.
I work with adults, children and young people and offer a confidential, safe and accepting space to help people improve the quality of their lives. I fit my approach to meet the needs of each individual. I have experience working with a broad range of issues, such as:
- Depression / Low mood
- Grief, loss and other life changes
- Low self-esteem and confidence issues
- Relationship issues / Family issues
- Sleep problems
I am a member of COSCA and GTC Scotland, and regulated by their professional codes of conduct and ethics. I have a current PVG certificate and am fully insured. I am a tutor assistant on the CBT Diploma course at the Centre of Therapy, Glasgow.
I am committed to continuous professional development, regularly attending courses, conferences, reading and making use of current research to enhance my professional practice. I attend monthly supervision with a BABCP* accredited CBT supervisor.
(*British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists)
What to do next
Making the decision to come for therapy can be a challenging one, so please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your current situation and what you would hope to get out of therapy. You are welcome to attend an initial session at a cost of £20. It is important that you feel I am the right person for you. You are under no obligation to continue at any point.
Training, qualifications & experience
BA (HONS) University of Stirling
Diploma in Education University of Stirling
COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
SCOTACS Diploma in Counselling and Group Work – a CBT approach
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Young People: Theory and Practice, University of Edinburgh - Masters unit
- Applied Developmental Psychopathology, University of Edinburgh - Masters unit
- Tutor Assistant (Diploma Course) Centre of Therapy, Glasgow
- 8 week MBSR and Compassion Mindfulness Course
- Mindful Self Compassion Course
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Sleep Scotland Ambassador
- CSCC – Confident Staff Confident Children Training – Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing
- Learning Support and Special Needs Certificates - Levels 1 & 2
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Mental Imagery for Anxiety Disorders (Dr Martina di Simplicio: Cambridge University)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
1 hour therapy session £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evenings 4-7pm by arrangement. Free parking is available.
Types of client