Linda Davies, LLB, DIP in Counselling, Reg MBACP
Making the choice to begin counselling may be the most empowering thing you can do. I hope the information on my page will explain how talking therapy can help you.
Maybe it's time to deal with things from the past, to look at challenges which influence your relationships, affect your health, distort your thought patterns and challenge your behaviour, perhaps leading to some of the following:
- anxiety and depression
- health concerns
- workplace stress
- lack of self - esteem
Do you worry that your issues are too personal to discuss with family or friends? You don't have to do this alone. Counselling provides a safe space to talk about and work through some of your most difficult feelings. Given a chance counselling can be restorative, supportive and affordable.
I am a BACP registered counsellor working with anxiety, depression, relationships, self - esteem and loss in a way that is relational, supportive and confidential. Walking alongside you, I give you as much time as you need to talk about your concerns, safe in the knowledge you will not be judged.
My experience comes from working with clients in private practice, an NHS IAPT provider and community counselling service in Croydon, school based counselling and a specialist agency, counselling adults who have experienced childhood sexual abuse and other complex traumas.
People come to see me with all sorts of concerns. Many of my clients are GP referred through IAPT. My approach is to give you a caring and supportive service to help you talk about the things that worry you and work towards your goals in therapy.
Some of my client work has included,
- generalized anxiety, stress and depression
- shame, self-esteem, confidence building
- relationship difficulties, divorce and recovery
- chronic pain and ill-health
- suicidal thoughts
- women's issues, including miscarriages, traumatic pregnancies, abortions
- life changes
- childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence
- panic attacks
- Autism and spectrum disorders
WHY WORK WITH ME
My approach is to come alongside you as together we explore the issues that are troubling you at your own pace.
As a Registered Member of BACP (the professional governing body for counsellors), I work in line with their Ethical Framework which promotes high standards and underpins the safety of clients.
I genuinely believe that counselling is a highly effective way of dealing with depression, anxiety and other common psychological problems. My aim is to give you a chance to gain self-understanding, to see what holds you back, to explore meaning behind your thoughts and feelings and enhance your ability to make positive and lasting changes to your life.
Continually learning and deepening my knowledge is important to me. I love to keep up to date with new studies and research information on mental health and regularly attend seminars and workshops to update my knowledge so that I practise in a way that is safe and current.
Before becoming a counsellor I worked in the corporate world for twenty years and I know the impact that modern work life can have on mental health.
As a therapist I am able to quietly support you in way that is warm, respectful and caring. I am committed to helping you develop and achieve the things that matter to you.
I work with men, women, transgender and also have experience of counselling children.
Call me on Tel: 07724506620 to tell me about the issues that are troubling you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in integrative counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in counselling studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Anxiety and depression
- Post-qualifying training in Mindfulness for stress reduction
- Certificated: Childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence
- Certificated: Domestic violence
- Certificated:Bereavement and loss
- Trauma toolbox
- Understanding Alzheimer's
- Working with adolescents
- Family systems
- Dissociation and Trauma
- Attachment dissorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
- My fee is between £45 and £55 per session dependent on location and time of sessions. Initial assessment is £40
- I will see you for an initial consultation which lasts 50 minutes (as do subsequent sessions).
- I am happy to support students and offer concessions for students and the unwaged. Please call me to discuss.
- Weekends, day time and evening availability
- I have some availability for shift workers
THE NEXT STEP
If you want an opportunity to talk to me, I'd be delighted to offer you an initial assessment without commitment. The initial assessment will help you clarify what problems you have and will give you an idea of what counselling is like with me. I generally offer clients a 6 week block of sessions and will review this after week 4. At the review session we will look at the work done together so far and decide how we want to proceed going forward.
I hope you have found my page useful.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
Francis of Assisi
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, daytime, evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|