Linda Davies, BA, DIP Couns, Reg MBACP
07724506620 / 07724506620
BACP registered counsellor working with anxiety, depression, relationships, self - esteem and loss in a way that is relational, supportive, safe and confidential. Walking alongside you and giving you as much time as you need to talk about your concerns, safe in the knowledge you will not be judged.
Life can throw up all sorts of challenges which can influence your relationships, affect your health, distort your thought patterns and challenge your behaviour, perhaps leading to some of the following:
- anxiety and depression
- health concerns
- workplace stress
- lack of self - esteem
You don't have to do this alone. Given a chance counselling can be restorative, supportive and affordable.
My experience comes from working with clients in private practice, a community counselling service in Croydon, school based counselling and a specialist agency, counselling adults who have experienced childhood sexual abuse and trauma.
I offer a caring and supportive service to help you talk about the things that worry you and work towards your goals in therapy.
I work with a range of difficulties including,
- generalized anxiety, stress and depression
- shame, self-esteem, confidence building
- relationship difficulties and divorce
- chronic pain and ill-health
- suicidal thoughts
- women's issues, including miscarriages, traumatic pregnancies, abortions
- life changes
- childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence
- panic attacks
My approach is to come alongside you as together we explore the issues that are troubling you at your own pace.
I am a Registered Member of BACP (the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy ), the professional governing body for counsellors. I work in line with their Ethical Framework which promotes high standards and underpins the safety of clients.
Continually learning and deepening my knowledge is important to me. I love to keep up to date with new studies and research information on mental health and regularly attend seminars and workshops to update my knowledge so that I can practise in a way that is safe and current.
Before becoming a counsellor I worked in the corporate world for twenty years and I know the impact that modern work life can have on mental health.
I understand how difficult it can be to pick up the phone and make that first call. I am easy to talk to and encourage you to take that first step. I will treat you with warmth and respect. If I am not available I will always return your call as soon as I am free.
Call me on Tel: 07724506620 and tell me about the issues that are troubling you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in integrative counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in counselling studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Anxiety and depression
- Post-qualifying training in Mindfulness for stress reduction
- Certificated: Childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence
- Certificated: Domestic violence
- Certificated:Bereavement and loss
- Trauma toolbox
- Understanding Alzheimer's
- Working with adolescents
- Family systems
- Dissociation and Trauma
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
- My fee is between £40 and £55 per session. Initial assessment is £30
- I will see you for an initial consultation which lasts 50 minutes (as do subsequent sessions) where we will discuss the issues that are important for you and how I can help you with these.
- Concessions for students and the unwaged. Please call me to discuss.
- Weekends, day time and evening availability
- I have some availability for shift workers
I also have experience of counselling children, working creatively through play.
THE NEXT STEP
Finding a counsellor who you can work with might be the first and most important step you take towards change. If you want an opportunity to talk to me, I'd be delighted to offer you an initial assessment without commitment. Please call me with any questions you may have.
An initial assessment costs £30 and thereafter sessions are charged from £40.
We can discuss the number of sessions you wish to have to begin the work and what your goals and expectations are of counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, daytime, evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|