9 Fairway Rise
Hello there, looking for a counsellor? Can I, may I help you?
My name is Katharine Forsyth, usually known as Kate, and I live in Chard. I have been in Chard for the last 32 years. I used to work for the local council which is where I first realised that within my work I was actually counselling, allowing the people I was with at that time their time and truly listening and really hearing the problems they were facing and the feelings they were experiencing. This is why I did the appropriate studying to become a fully qualified counsellor.
I know that therapy, like our lives, can be quite a journey of discovery and hopefully a successful one especially if our therapeutic relationship is based on confidentiality, trust, justice, empathy and compassion among many other things.
- Counselling is a way of making sense of our lives.
- I aim to help my clients to make sense of and understand their being.
- I offer counselling in a safe, secure and comfortable environment
- Counselling can help enormously.
- I work mainly in the client/person centred method of counselling I do integrate and incorporate other counselling `tools’ to the benefit of the client.
- I have had years of knowledge and training in the field of counselling people with for example acquired head injuries and issues regarding loss and grief, anger and other life experiences.
- I have an Open University honours degree in Social Sciences and a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- I am based in Chard and offer sessions at my home or in rooms I can use that are safe and private.
- My work is completely confidential, safe and in comfortable surroundings and I am regularly supervised. Home visits locally within Chard can be considered further distances may incur a small charge.
Do please visit my website which is www.chardcounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified counsellor and I am BACP registered
BSc Hons in Social Sciences and Sociology
Fully qualified healer with South West Association of Spiritual Healers
I worked for many years for the local council with experience of helping people from all walks and situations of life.
I too have had many experiences in my life, not always good ones, which I feel mean that I can empathise fully with my clients with patience and understanding. Having been successful in the Advanced Diploma in Integrated Counselling I feel I can offer counselling that is both flexible and client centred and driven in approach.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As an integrated counsellor the areas of counselling I offer I feel cannot be prescriptive nor restricted for me at present.
I offer an initial free half hour session so that the client can meet me and we can discuss your individual needs and how we can work together.
Subsequent sessions are £40 for a 50 minutes/1 hour.
My life experiences have taught me a great deal about my own resilience and determination whilst recognising and respecting the sheer bravery and resolve of others. I am an active volunteer with Headway as a counsellor, the charity for those with acquired head injuries and I am the local coordinator for The Dystonia Society. I am a former founder governor for Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust at Musgrove Park Hospital. I have had previous experience as a Bereavement Support Facilitator.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available 9 am to 5 pm every day, evening and weekend sessions by arrangement.
Types of client