07961 764195 / 07961 764195
My approach to counselling is with a Person Centred Humanistic approach.
I believe that everyone has the potential to become who they really are and not whom others expect them to be. My focus is to encourage my clients to believe in themselves and work with their self esteem, self confidence, self worth and focus them on empowering themselves in a safe, friendly, non-judgemental and confidential setting to help them live a healthier lifestyle.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). I abide by BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and I am on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
I am an experienced and qualified counsellor based in Whitstable. I have many years experience working with clients in many different aspects. My specialist area is working with bereavement, counselling terminally ill clients and their families, counselling children, relationship issues, bullying, and Self Awareness for the individual who is coming to me for counselling. When we become Self Aware we can learn to live healthier lifestyles. I practice Mindfulness and Living in the Moment which has proven to be successful for my clients. One client in particular whom was given approximately three months to live became aware of how to Live in the Moment and focused totally on her well-being. She built such a healthy relationship with herself and eventually she went into remission and now has been in remission for three years. She still practices Living in the Moment which has enhanced her life.
I can offer something quite revolutionary to people. It is something that can enhance everyones life. However, we become so distracted by our everyday lives and the daily struggles that we have so that we end up having no time to devote to ourselves, in order for our own inner potential for love and joy to grow.
It can be an opportunity to live life more fully aware, experiencing more love and build trust in yourself and others and peace of mind. The way to achieve this is quite simple. Just by taking time to recognise and experience ourselves Living in the Moment...rather than being distracted by the worries and duties that can dominate our minds. Accepting ourselves in the moment...rather than the continuous struggle against negativity and the compulsion for more improvement of ourselves and our lives.
How much we do this is a personal decision for all of us, but I believe that if we could all devote at least a few hours a week to experiencing the joy of this present moment, the benefits would come in increased energy and ability to be more positive and effective with our relationships.
It is a paradox - The best way to improve ourselves and our lives is dropping the struggle to constantly improve and to allow acceptance in the moment.
The surfacing of repressed feelings and emotion is one of the barriers that most people come across when experiencing the "here and now" feeling. Accepting, sharing and expressing these feelings and emotions is part and parcel of healing, being more energised being more capable.
It helps to spend regular time with someone who has already had this inner revolution happen in their lives. I can offer one to one, group work and individual supervision to anyone whomever is interested in developing self acceptance and experiencing themselves in the present moment.
I also work with children on a 1 to 1 basis and work one day a week in a primary school. I use creative artwork and sometimes play therapy.
Also, I am able to practice Neuro Linguistic Programming and have been trained in Bodywork and Emotional Release which is a great tool to use, because the body stores past pain which can affect our health and our overall wellbeing.
I am passionate about my work and I enjoy working with all ranges of people facing issues that control their lives. The mind is so powerful and can keep us trapped in unhealthy patterns that affect our relationships but mainly affect ourselves in the way we view ourselves. We can be our own worst enemy at times, we need to learn to be kind and gentle with ourselves and I employ this technique at all times with my client work.
It can often feel like a big step just thinking about counselling and you may feel anxious or apprehensive about the idea. I appreciate it can take tremendous courage to seek help and invest your time and energy in trying to make a positive change for yourself. I believe that finding the right counsellor is important, therefore I would like to offer my services to you and you can make your own decision if you feel I am the right counsellor for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate of Attendance - 1999,
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - June 2001,
- Victim Support Basic and Violent Training Course, 2003 - Accreditation.
- Diploma in Counselling - 2003. (Part of our Diploma course included Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Bodywork and Emotional Release).
- Associated Stress Consultants Diploma - 2012 MASC (Bul Har. y. y.) - Bullying and Harassment Therapy, The Younger Years.
- Colour Healing Course Diploma - April, 2001
- Certificate of Attendance Kent Parent Partnership Service covering Communication Skills, Using Positive Language, Principled Negotiation, Perceptual Positions, Overcoming barriers to Participation, Role and Responsibilities of a Parent Representative, Managing Emotions - 22.11.2011 and 29.11.2011
- A Person Centred Approach to Dementia Awareness
- Certificate of Registration for the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- I have worked in Hospices, Cruise Bereavement and MacMillan Cancer Support, whom I still work for in a voluntary position and have relevant training for these organisations. Some of the different topics that I have trained for are: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bereavement & People with Learning Difficulties, Spirituality and Bereavement, Bereavement and Mental Illness, Managing Suicidal Behaviour.
- Committed to my own Self Awareness - ongoing since 1999.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Self Awareness - Personal Development
Photos & videos
One to one client normal rate is £40.00 per hour.
Low cost £30.00 per hour.
Clinical Supervision £60.00.
Self Discovery Workshop fees £50.00 per person for 4 hours.
Self Awareness Six Week Course £45.00 per person per week.
We can discuss fees, when booking.
My Facebook page is Julie Rogers, Person Centred Counsellor, Mindfulness, to which you can see some of my Self Discovery workshop work.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Please feel free to contact me for more information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client