Julie Barclay MBACP (Registered)
96 George Lane
I am a fully qualified counsellor and am able to offer a confidential, non-judgmental and respectful space for you to explore the issues which are concerning you.
Counselling provides an opportunity to talk through issues and I am here to support you to explore what is going on for you and to help you to achieve a greater understanding of yourself and your relationship with others.
Everyone is an individual, so I will work with what you as a client bring to the counselling room.
Counselling can help with:
- Greater sense of self-worth and self-awareness
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Feeling calmer and more relaxed
- Better communication skills
- More intimate and satisfying relationships
- Develop healthier patterns of relating to others
How I work
I offer counselling for individuals as well as couples and I see people with many different issues including anxiety, depression, loss and change. I also specialise in both relationship and bereavement counselling.
My counselling approach is integrative, person-centred, psychodynamic and systemic, which means I have a range of approaches to use when working in the counselling room.
Outside of my private practice, I work for Relate helping couples and individuals work through their relationship issues such as communication breakdown, parenting issues, affairs, bereavement, work or financial stresses and intimacy issues.
I also work as a counsellor at a local Hospice providing bereavement support.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the BACP.
- Relate trained Relationship Counsellor working with both couples and individuals.
- I work on a voluntary basis at a local Hospice as a Bereavement Counsellor.
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma In Relationship Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Counsellor Bereavement Training (Hospice based)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills
- I am committed to Continuous Professional Development and I attend training days regularly.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Individual - £45 per 50 minute session
- Couples - £65 per 50 minute session
I am happy to take phone calls or e-mails for further enquires.
I may be able to offer a reduced fee for students and those on a low income.
I also offer a reduced fee to counselling students.
Location and Parking
The counselling room is only a minutes walk from South Woodford Central Line Underground Station.
There are local pay and display car parks and meter parking which is free after 6.30pm.
There is also parking locally in Sainsbury's which is free for a maximum 2 hours stay.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening availability.
Types of client