John Lees, PhD, UKCP reg, BACP reg (Snr Accred)
I have been working as a therapist for 27 years. I see body, soul and spirit as closely interconnected and address most problems from anxiety, relationship problems, minor depression, life crises to complex identity problems, psychosomatic problems, personality disorders and some serious mental health problems.
My practice is bio-psycho-social-spiritual in orientation. I have trained in psychodynamic therapy, integrative therapy and anthroposophic psychotherapy inspired by the work of Rudolf Steiner.
I work with the BACP Code of Ethics
I am an experienced clinical supervisor.
I see clients in London NW1, Forest Row in East Sussex and London W6
- Either phone or email me
- We arrange a brief telephone conversation
- We arrange an initial session to mutually make a decision about whether we think the therapy will work
- We then contract to meet - usually weekly and ongoing but it can also be fortnightly and time limited (say 12 sessions)
I am passionate about therapy and I research into developing new methods to meet the increasing crises of today's world. This research forms part of my work as Associate Professor in Psychotherapy and Counselling at the University of Leeds and have authored (or co-authored) 29 peer-reviewed publications and edited 5 books in the field.
Training, qualifications & experience
International certificate in anthroposophic psychotherapy, integrative psychotherapy training at Physis, diploma in supervision, certificate in time-limited therapy, diploma in adult psychoanalytic counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£75 in London; £65 in Forest Row; concessions available.
- The nearest tube station to my practice in NW1 is Baker Street; parking is available in Regent's Park; there is a lift for disabled access; it also has a cafe
- In Forest Row I see clients in my own home near to Michael Hall school; I have a dedicated consulting room with a separate entrance to the main house situated on the groiund floor with parking space
- The nearest tube station to my practice in W6 is Hammersmith; there is ample parking nearby on Queen Caroline Street, behind the Eventim Apollo; the consulting room is situated in a listed building, also has an award-winning vegetarian restaurant and is on the ground floor for disabled access
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I see clients in London on Mondays and in Forest Row on Fridays.
Types of client