Janet Barrett BSc Hons (Integrative Counselling) MBACP (Accred) Counsellor
We each have a unique way of being with others and dealing with situations.
I believe counselling has the potential to help you to create the awareness to empower and help yourself to do what's right for you.
- Are you feeling lost? Feeling sad. Want a life of purpose? Looking for meaning?
- Do you feel low, stressed or suffer anxiety and don't know what to do?
- Feeling stuck or negatively affected by old patterns and ways from the past?
- Are you affected by feelings of inadequacy, guilt or shame?
- Do you wonder how others seem to be ok but you're not?
- Have you suffered a loss? Are you struggling to understand grief?
- Does your past affect your present? Do you struggle with family issues?
If you answered yes to any of the questions read how the counselling I offer may be able to help you.
- A safe environment in which to talk about your problems.
- Time to confidentially explore feelings, behaviours, thoughts and what you want.
- Space in which you can safely explore past experiences to gain a better understanding of how thoughts, feelings and behaviours affect your everyday living.
- Working with a professional who listens and supports you to help yourself to take charge of your life.
I am an Integrative trained Counsellor. I use a variety of approaches and techniques which I link and blend to adapt to each client to work with a unique therapy which flows to suit your needs.
Sometimes life can be difficult and I offer you the opportunity to feel supported to explore and understand what is creating your difficulty to help you find a resolution and ways of coping.
I also offer Personal Consultancy Coach-Therapy and Personal Coaching - see below under further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Hons. Integrative Counselling
Postgraduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Coaching
Certificate in Coaching
Advanced Diploma in Hypnoanalysis and Integrative Psychotherapy
City & Guilds 7302 Certificate in Delivering Learning: An Introduction
Diploma in Analytical and Cognitive Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
Diploma in Professional Studies (Person Centred Counselling – Introductory Stage)
Mental health counselling
Counselling for parents and carers in Children's Centres
I am committed to continuing professional development and am fully insured.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a wide experience of working for a mental health charity and in bereavement.
Some examples (this list does not cover all as I am limited for space so if you're not on it please do contact me)
- Bereavement and loss
- Low moods
- Managing anxiety
- Coping with change
- Difficulties at home/family or at work
- Domestic violence
The first session gives us the opportunity to explore the issues you want to work on and for you to decide if you feel you want to work with me.
Individual Sessions £40 - Romford
Individual Sessions £52 - South Woodford
I offer adult brief (6 - 12 sessions) or longer term counselling in the Romford and South Woodford area.
Sessions are face to face.
Trainee students are welcome as part of your training requirements.
Please contact me to discuss.
I also offer Personal Consultancy Coach-Therapy which uniquely combines a coaching orientated approach with counselling. It cuts out the need to work separately with either a coach or a counsellor.
It integrates coaching and therapy in a single session or individual sessions which are either therapeutic or coaching.
Working with me for coaching helps you to focus on the present and the future on issues and behaviours that you wish to change or move away from and for the achievement of specific outcomes.
I have set up Domestic Violence Awareness training with a colleague. It is a survivor’s real experience aimed at giving participants in depth and a wide knowledge of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Awareness is proactive for frontline workers in the voluntary, statutory, charity and private sectors.
Registered and Accredited member of BACP: - MBACP (Accred) Counsellor.
Associate Member of AICTP: - Association of Integrative Coach-Therapist Professionals
Member of BACP Coaching
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|