Domestic violence awareness
Training to help understand fully about domestic violence and its effects. A survivor sharing with you in-depth and wide knowledge and experience of domestic violence.
- Knowing signs of domestic violence and understanding the behaviours of the perpetrator. The use of power and manipulation.
- What is domestic violence and why it is difficult to leave an abusive relationship?
- The impact of domestic violence; both physical and psychological.
- Effects on the family; with a focus on children and young people.
- The beliefs of the abusing partner, the victim and society at large.
- Interpreting statistics and reviewing case studies.
- Reviewing participants' own perceptions and beliefs.
- The need for a workplace Domestic Violence Policy.
- Counselling and Domestic Violence.
For information on domestic violence awareness and who we are please visit www.domesticviolenceaware.wordpress.com.
The training is delivered in the presenter's forthright and direct style using descriptive language.
Feedback from previous participants www.domesticviolenceaware.wordpress.com/testimonials/.
We aim to get the message out that domestic violence does not have to stay hidden.
Hosted by Janet Barrett
Pamela Young - I worked closely, for over 25 years, in a domestic violence refuge, with women and children who had suffered domestic violence. Janet Barrett Reg MBACP (Accred) - My work as a counsellor has given me extensive knowledge and experience of the wide range of issues of domestic violence.