James Greenhalgh Dip Couns
My approach to counselling is gentle and considered and I am respectful no matter what clients may bring. I aim to create a space where anything may be said and what needs to be shared can be, for there is enormous power in expressing what has been confused or shut down. The counselling relationship is central to my work. Each client is different and what happens in each session is co-created between us. We might touch on some of the following areas:
- Events in your past and the sense you have made of them.
- The story of your childhood and the way you were brought up.
- Your current ways of relating and what these may mean.
- Your internal world and how you feel inside.
- Dreams and fantasies.
I bring a warmth and common sense to my work. I like to work mindfully and remain anchored in the here and now.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a B.A(hons) degree in Humanities. I have a Certificate in Education (Further) and have taught Counselling and Health Education in Further Education. I have a Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling and a Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling.
I am insured and a B.A.C.P registered member. I work with the B.A.C.P ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Areas of Counselling.
I welcome and work with clients who come to counselling for all kinds of reasons. Areas I have worked with include the following:
- Looking at repeating patterns in peoples lives, those behaviours that keep reappearing even when we think we are doing things differently.
- I work with depressive heavy states that make us feel half alive and can become habitual ways of being that become our reality.
- Anxiety and panic can be debilitating and frightening. These are areas of difficulty I frequently deal with.
- And I work with relationships of all kinds; when they go wrong or difficulties establishing them.
I charge £45 per session. Each session last 50 minutes. Concessions negotiable.
I offer Psychodynamic Counselling. Psychodynamic is made up of two words; psyche, our inner world and dynamic which refers to movement. It emphasises looking at the psychological forces beneath the surface that effect our feelings and behaviour, becoming aware of them, thus allowing change.
Type of Client.
I work with adults and young people.
I work in East Grinstead.
I am available daytimes and early evening.
Session are usually weekly, either open-ended or time limited (say six or twelve sessions.)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client