Emmie Powell MBACP, MBPsS.
- I'm a BACP registered integrative psychotherapist & counsellor offering individual, couples & family counselling as well as stress management, psychological consultancy, mindfulness training & meditation to individuals as well as groups.
What I Offer:
- For Individuals - I provide a free initial consultation of 30 minutes where you come to discuss your therapy needs, fill out some paperwork, get to know each other & see if we are a good fit. Following that we'll meet approximately once a week for an hour for therapy. All my counselling contracts are open ended, therefore there's no pressure on you to complete your therapy in a time frame, you decide the length and pace of your therapy & I support you to do that in a safe, comfortable and confidential environment. We can collaborate & tailor your therapy to your individual needs, by using different psychological techniques we enable you to emotionally heal yourself in the best & most effective way possible.
- For couples, families or groups - Initially I will attend your home or place of work for an hour long consultation where we'll discuss your therapy needs, collaborate on a plan of action and work together regularly to achieve your desired outcomes over a set period of time. Please feel free to contact me for more information.
Insured by Towergate. BACP registration number: 196344
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications & CPD:
- National Diploma Criminal Psychology.
- Higher National Diploma Psychology & Psychotherapy.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Defence Mechanisms (CPD).
- Rape Crisis/Sexual Abuse Support trained.
- Mindfulness Practitioner training (CPD)
- Introduction to Art Therapy (CPD).
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults & Children (CPD).
- Introduction to Abuse (CPD).
- Indian Head Massage - BABTAC, ABT & GHT Accredited Practitioner.
- Qualified Usui Reiki Practitioner.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (CPD).
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (CPD).
- Short-Term Solution Focused
- Long Term Psychotherapy
- Humanistic Psychotherapy
- Small Group Therapy
- Person Centered Counselling
- Sexual Abuse Survivors/Support Work - Peterborough Rape Crisis
- Teens & Young Adults - YMCA
- Meditation & Mindfulness
- Stress Management
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
- Individuals - £30 Hourly
- Couples/Families - £45 Hourly
- Groups - POA
- Consultancy - Starts at £55 Hourly
Payment is By Cash, Bank Transfer or Cheque
(*All Prices Are Subject to Change).
I Offer Skype, Face-To-Face, Online & Phone Counselling.
Meditation & Mindfulness Training:
30 Minute - £10
1 Hour - £20
Psychological Consultancy & Stress Management - Contact Me For Further Details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday 3pm & 7:30pm, Thursday 7:30pm, Friday 1:30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|