Emma Matthews (Ad Dip PC)
Repton Manor Health Clinics
Repton Manor Mews
James Ewart Avenue
Accepting you need counselling can be difficult for many, but most of us will experience a trauma or something that we will struggle to deal with at sometime in our life and counselling can help. For many it's the fear of what counselling involves that prevent them from getting help.
What to expect at the Initial Consultation
Firstly you will meet me for an initial 30 minute consultation, this will be an opportunity for us to discuss your goals and explore whether we can work together. If you decide to proceed then I will discuss my proposed treatment plan and number of sessions I think you may need.
What happens at the sessions?
Sessions are usually held weekly in my therapy room and last 50 minutes. Together we will explore the issues that you are worrying you, for some it will be necessary to explore the past and for others it will be dealing with the present and you as the client, will be encouraged to do most of the talking in order to get the most out of your sessions.
What can you help me with?
I can help with the following issues:
- anger management (feeling unable to control your anger for reasons you may or not be aware of)
- bereavement (the death of a loved one, friend, colleague or pet can deeply affect us)
- fears and phobias (some fears and phobias are so debilitating it can affect us being able to lead a fulfilled life)
- low self-esteem (being unable to see good in ourselves can lead to being unable to achieve our fulfil our full potential and leave us feeling miserable)
- generalised stress and work-related stress (being under constant pressure to meet targets and always do better can have such a negative effect on our wellbeing)
- anxiety and depression (probably the most common problem I see clients for and who have usually been suffering for a while).
My Therapy Room
My therapy room is located on the outskirts of the Ashford area (just off Junction 9 of the M20). It is easily accessible and has ample parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
After 10 years of working in HR in the corporate environment, I decided to embark on a career as a counsellor and gave up work to study for my diploma, which I have now passed and have set up my own Private Practice in the Ashford Area.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
I have been trained by Cruse in Bereavement Awareness.
I have also attended training courses on Mindfulness,Treating Phobias with CBT and Self-Acceptance.
I am an Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society and abide by their code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
I offer a free 30 minute initial consultation and then charge £35 for each subsequent 50 minute session. Some concessions may be available, so please do ask. Please note there is no obligation to continue following the initial consultation, as one of the reasons for this session is for us to get to know each other and for you to decide whether you feel that we will be able to work together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Mondays to Fridays (daytime and evening) and Saturday mornings.
Types of client