Dr Deba Choudhury-Peters
Kingyo Therapy Suites Ltd
58 South Molton Street
Holistic Health Centre
3 Chobham Road
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and the founder of my private practice, DCP Therapy. I have vast experience of assessing and treating adults with a range of psychological problems and diagnoses. With over 14 years experience in the NHS, I continue to maintain a senior role there alongside private practice. A tailor-made approach is taken to help clients build psychological resilience to improve relationships and foster healthy emotional and physical well-being.
As a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and British Psychological Society (BPS).
I offer therapy for adults with psychological problems that may have come about as a result of a life event or a formal mental health diagnosis.
Within private practice, I offer modern evidence-based interventions as well as approaches that draw from cognitive, behavioural, attachment, experiential and psychodynamic principles. These include;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Affect Phobia Therapy (APT) - experiential dynamic therapy (psychodynamic)
In some cases. I take an integrative approach to therapy if this is deemed to be more beneficial for the client. That is, drawing from a combination of therapeutic models rather than following one.
For further details, please refer to my private practice website www.dcptherapy.com
Training, qualifications & experience
In order to adhere to the HCPC professional guidelines, I frequently attend training events and conferences, both in the UK and overseas.
- Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) registered as Practitioner Psychologist
- British Psychological Society Chartered membership
- Affect Phobia Therapy Core Training in London (2014 to date)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2010)
- Post grad. Certificate in Primary Care Mental Health (2005)
- Msc Applied Developmental Research (2002)
- BSc (hons) Behavioural Sciences (2001)
In addition to independent practice, I am a sessional therapist at Nightingale Hospital, a private Central London hospital as well as a senior clinical psychologist in the NHS at the Institute of Psychotrauma in London. I have also established a psychology service within a major Trauma Centre at an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department. These roles involve assessments, brief and long-term therapy for adults with severe and enduring mental illness. Other key features of the role includes offering consultation to complex cases as well as teaching, training and supervision.
I also have experience of publishing in journals, books and conference presentation. Please refer to my website for further information; www.dcptherapy.com
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Please get in touch initially via phone or email. Please note that fees between London and Woking differ.
I am registered psychological/counselling therapy provider for AXA PPP, Bupa, Aviva, Cigna, Pru Health insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Central London - Wednesday (evening) & Friday (daytime/evening) Woking- Thursday (daytime/evening)
Types of client