Chantelle Coupland MBACP (Registered)
I am a person-centred therapist with an integrative approach to my work. I will provide you with a safe and comfortable environment where you will be able to explore anything that is bothering you and anything you feel is holding you back in life.
My experience of working as a counsellor is substantial and varied and I have experience of working with a range of general issues to include anxiety, depression, sexual and other abusive situations as well as the impact of loss and bereavement.
Once we agree to work together my main goal will be to tailor each session around your individual needs. I can offer sessions in Peterborough City Centre as well as in Bretton, Peterborough.
Working together, I will help you find your own answers and come to your own conclusions within the safety and support of the therapeutic setting.
Particular areas of experience are:-
- Sexual abuse
- Low Self Esteem
- Relaxation techniques
- Working with young people
When contacting me you can expect a warm and ethical approach to our work together. An initial consultation will involve us meeting to discuss your needs and what you hope to achieve from your counselling sessions. I can offer long term or short term counselling and this will be regularly reviewed within the work we do together.
I do require 24 hours notice of any cancellation of appointment where possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Certificate in Bereavement Support for adults
- Certificate in Working with Bereaved Children
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy
- Training in working with survivors of sexual abuse/assault
- Child Protection Training
- Training for working with vulnerable adults
- Extensive experience of working with relaxation, visualisation and meditation techniques
- Worked within a young persons counselling service for over three years
- Experience of offering CBT sessions to children from the ages of 12-18 within school environment
- Counselling Supervisor for Bereavement Charity for over three years
- Ongoing supervisor training for general therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Fees from £30.00 per therapeutic hour (50 minutes) depending on location of sessions.
Concessions available. Ask for more details.
Sessions held in City Centre or Bretton locations.
I keep an updated enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening appointments.
Types of client