Becky Chown Adv Dip Couns. MBACP
I am an experienced, qualified counsellor that offers support to adults and young people.
Sometimes life can present obstacles and challenges that affect both our personal and or professional lives in an undesired way.
I aim, by working together with individuals, to create a safe, warm, confidential and understanding environment to explore the concerns and needs in a non-judgmental manner.
How I work
The way I work fits around you, the client, this could be engaging in long term or short term therapy and my model holds my client at the center of the process.
My integrative approach includes Person Centered Theory, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Psychotherapeutic ways of working and have successfully worked with;
Working with Dreams
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Certificate on Counselling Studies CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling Skills CPCAB
- Awareness in Bereavement Care CRUSE
- Introduction to Domestic Abuse
- LGB&T in the Therapy Room
- Understanding Resilience
- Adult survivors of sexual abuse
- Play Therapy and CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection)
I abide by the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapists) Ethical framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy.
I hold a full DBS (CRB) Certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
I offer an initial 30 minute phone call for us to talk and for you to decide whether I am the right counsellor for you, this is free.
Ongoing sessions are £40 per session.
I offer a student rate for counsellors in training, please get in touch.
Where to find me
I work from a number of centrally located therapy rooms such as, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire which is in close range of Beaconsfield, Marlow and Maidenhead. Thame, Oxfordshire, which is in close range to Haddenham, Long Crendon, Brill, Oakley, Stone and Aylesbury and also in Chinnor which is in close range of Princes Risborough, Aston Rowant and Wendover. All of these locations benefit from ample free parking.
You can contact me on 07557684379 or alternatively by e-mail Click Here
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments are available
Types of client