Glenna Demeter (Senior Accred Registered) Adults & Couples Counsellor
Bexley Counselling Practice
19 Knoll Road
07804 956153 (please text me if I am working)
Hello my name is Glenna. Welcome to my page. I am a Senior Accredited counsellor for Adult Individuals & Couples for psychological, emotional, behavioural & relationship well being. I specialise in
- personal & relationship issues,
- stress and low mood,
- family, marriage and relationship breakdown, affairs and betrayals,
- anxiety, stress management, panic, OCD, obsessive thinking and paranoia
- anger and anger management,
- feeling sad, depression,
- bereavement, grieving and loss,
- abuse, neglect, bullying, trauma,
- childhood issues, attachment and trust,
- work and employment issues,
- self-confidence, self esteem, negative thinking,
- identity, sexuality, cultural issues, discrimination,
- assertiveness, self confidence and effective communication,
- mindfulness and CBT,
- guilt and shame,
- life stages and change.
I see clients in the Bexley area, near Sidcup, Welling, Crayford and Dartford, on weekdays up until 7pm.
Counselling is paid for in cash per 50 Minute session at the time of each session including the initial assessment session:
- £30 - Trainee Counsellors (compulsory in therapy hours)
- £40 - Individual Counselling
- £50 - Couples Counselling
COUPLES, RELATIONSHIP, MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
Sessions are designed to address past issues and conflicts, identify areas of difficulty, improve communication, build trust, resolve current dilemmas and disagreements and facilitate change. Couples counselling can also be used to help you to separate successfully.
Sometimes relationships, life events and situations can be difficult and overwhelming. Sometimes we don't know how to cope with or change things. Anxiety, depression, low mood, anger and resentment can affect any of us at any time of life, leaving us feeling vulnerable and powerless. Counselling can help clarify what's not working and help you find new ways to move forward.
HOW COUNSELLING WORKS
Counselling offers insight into difficulties that may have arisen from the past, recognises how these may still affect you in the here and now and focuses on changing negative thoughts and behaviours into more positive ones. It can bring purposeful and powerful change to your decision making and actions
TO CONTACT ME please ring or text me on 07804 956153.
My phones are on silent when I am working. If you send a text message, please give your full name, a contact telephone number, the times and days that you are available to do sessions and the type of help you require.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B.Ed Bath University
- PG Dip.Counselling
- PG Dip Supervison
- PG Cert Couples Counselling
- PG Landmark Education Senior Graduate
- MNCS Senior Accredited registered
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Counselling per 50 Minute Session
£30 - Trainees (compulsory therapy hours)
£40 - Individuals
£50 - Couples
Payments are made in cash, including the initial assessment session. If you wish to do further sessions, there is a also a retainer fee of one session in advance, which is non-refundable and pays for an arranged ending session. This is also paid at the time of the initial assessment session and secures your regular timeslot.
Clients decide how many sessions they need and when to end.
Free on street parking.
Close to A2 and bus and train routes to Bexley village.
Bexley train station is a 10 minute walk away. Buses 269 & 132 stop by St.Johns Church, Parkhill Road and are a 5 minute walk away from Bexley Counselling Practice at The Myrtles, 19 Knoll Road, Bexley DA5 Kent.
I am close to Sidcup, Bexleyheath, Crayford, Dartford, Eltham, Welling and Swanley in Kent and SE London.
By appointment only.
OTHER AREAS SERVED
Counselling & psychotherapy for DA5, Bexley, Albany Park, Joyden's Wood, DA6, DA7, Bexleyheath, Upton, Barnehurst, DA1-DA2, Dartford, Crayford, Barnes Cray, Wilmington, Stone, Darenth, Hawley, Bean, Joyden's Wood, DA14, DA15, Sidcup, Footscray, North Cray, Longlands, Ruxley, Albany Park, Blackfen, Lamorbey, DA16, Welling, Falconwood, East Wickham, DA17, Belvedere, Lessness Heath, DA18, Erith, Erith Marshes & Thamesmead, BR1, Bromley, BR5, BR6, Orpington, Petts Wood, St Mary Cray, St Paul's Cray, Ruxley, Orpington, Locksbottom, Farnborough, Green Street Green, Chelsfield, Downe, Pratt's Bottom, Well Hill, BR7, Chislehurst, Elmstead, BR8, Swanley, Hextable, Crockenhill, Swanley Village, SE2 Abbey Wood, West Heath, Crossness, Plumstead, Thamesmead, SE3, Blackheath, Kidbrooke, Westcombe Park, SE9, Eltham, Mottingham, New Eltham, Avery Hill, Falconwood, Sidcup, Chinbrook, Longlands, Shooter's Hill, SE18, Woolwich, Royal Arsenal, Plumstead, Shooter's Hill, SE28, Thamesmead in Kent & SE London UK.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I see clients in the Bexley, Bexleyheath area near Sidcup and Dartford on weekdays up until 7pm..
Types of client