0208 987 0511
Sabine Nollau MA Psychol., BPC and MBACP.
I am a female Psychologist, Counsellor and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist and am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council. I trained with the British Association of Psychotherapists, now named British Psychotherapy Foundation, and I am a Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). I am on a register accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
I have worked in Private Practice since 1998 and am based in Chiswick, West London.
Counselling or Psychotherapy can help if:
- you are depressed and anxious;
- you lack in self-esteem;
- you have suffered a loss, trauma, bereavement or redundancy;
- you experience suicidal feelings;
- you have problems with anger;
- you suffer form physical symptoms with no clear organic cause;
- you have an eating problem;
- you wish to improve your relationships;
- you seek greater self-knowledge and wish to develop your
I work with individuals who are experiencing problems with relationships, depression, anxiety, phobias, bereavement, low self-esteem, work related problems, eating problems and psychosomatic illness. I have a special interest and experience in working with people from a variety of ethnic backgrounds and an affinity to exploring cultural issues and creativity.
How does Counselling or Psychotherapy help?
- by offering a safe space where you can speak about feelings that
worry or frighten you;
- by offering support during times of crisis and transition;
- by deepening awareness of yourself and your relationships;
- by helping to make sense of recurrent problems and by exploring
their links with the past;
- by identifying and changing patterns of thought and behaviour;
- by clarifying choices and helping resolve old hurts and conflicts;
- by gaining deeper understanding of your conscious and
unconscious processes you may be helped to feel more in
charge and able to lead a more fulfilled life.
I see clients in a counselling capacity for once weekly sessions and for one to five sessions per week in psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have an MA in Psychology and have worked in a variety of settings including the NHS within the mental health field.
I have more than fifteen years of experience of counselling and twelve years of psychotherapy, working with clients in long-and short-term individual psychotherapy and groups in private practice and NHS and institutional settings.
I work with employees of organisations and supervise counsellors and those in training programmes.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Lack of meaning in life
My fees range from £55 to £70 per session. I can also offer a limited number of reduced fee spaces for clients on low incomes.
General Availability: Weekdays in the daytime and evenings.
After an initial telephone contact in which I shall try to understand if I can be of help to you and during which there is space for your questions, we might decide to arrange an assessment appointment. This may give us the opportunity to discuss your situation in more detail, clarify practical aspects of potential counselling or psychotherapy and may take up to an hour. I will take a thorough history and advise you on the most appropriate treatment for you.
When regular sessions are agreed on and set up, they will typically start once weekly and last fifty minutes. Over time we might decide to increase the frequency of sessions per week if required and appropriate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer sessions on weekdays in the daytime and in the evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|