Leena Kothari-Seward (BSc, UKCP Reg, MBACP)
I am an Existential Psychotherapist commited to helping my clients explore their issues through a therapeutic relationship based on trust, honesty and respect. The existential approach lends itself naturally to taking a holistic view of oneself, ones relationships and ones place in the world. Sessions last 50 minutes and take place in a secure and peaceful setting.
Through the therapy process I offer:
- active, non-judgemental listening
- empathy and emotional support
- open dialogue to explore your values, meanings, choices and assumptions
- facilitating your decision making process to help you arrive at more considered life choices
- a philosoplical perspective to enhance self-awareness and understanding
- carefully observed reflection of the therpautic relationship as experienced in the 'here and now'
With an acedemic background in science, many years experience of working in a business environment in the City and first hand experience of dealing with inter-cultural issues, I believe I bring a rich and diverse range of personal experience to my practice.
I am based less than a 10 minute walk from either Wimbledon mainline or South Wimbledon tube stations and there are several bus routes passing close by. If you are driving, you can use an off-street parking space during the day and there is ample parking just outside during the evenings.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an experienced, UKCP registered psychotherapist and trained in Existential psychotherapy at the School of Psychotherapy and Counselling at Regent's College. I have over 15 years experience of working with adults in one-to-one counselling across a variety of settings.
I have helped clients with a wide variety of issues, such as:
- anxiety and stress
- anger management
- panic attacks
- relationship issues
- relationship breakdown
- work and career
- life choices and meaning
- death anxiety and life goals
- bereavement and loss
- domestic violence
- sexuality and gender
- identity, race, culture and ethinicity
- body image and eating disorders
As required by UKCP governance, I am in regular personal supervision with a senior therapist who oversees and supports my clinical work. I am also in continuous personal and professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work / life / technology balance
Photos & videos
Standard rate per session - £55.00
Concessions available. Please enquire.
The initial consultation will give you an opportunity to meet me, learn more about psychotherapy/counselling and for us to decide together whether therapy would be helpful to you. There would be no obligation to have any further sessions.
If you decide to continue, I would normally suggest a review at 6 weeks to check progress against your objectives. I take on both short term (6 weeks or less) or open-ended contracts, wiith periodic reviews.
I have a particular interest, specialist training and experience in the following areas:
- the inter-cultural realm exploring ethnicity, culture and identity
- the challenges of achieving a balance in work, life and use of technology
- the emotional preparation for motherhood.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer both daytime and evening sessions during the week.
Types of client