StopSO UK is a charity registered with the Charity Commission of England and Wales. We have a UK-wide independent network of qualified and experienced professionals who are willing and trained to work with potential sex offenders, sex offenders and their families. These professionals are supervised and include psychologists, psychotherapists and doctors.
- UK-wide network of experienced therapists trained and willing to work with this client group
- Comprehensive assessment inc. risk, physical, relational, psychological, spiritual, & social aspects
- Individual therapy for the offender
- Individual therapy for the partner
- Couple work, for both to see the therapist together, including communication training
- Training for the therapists
- Online support network for therapists to work with sex offenders
- Online support network for the families of offenders
- Individual therapy for survivors and victims of sexual abuse
Who we offer it to:
- Those at risk of sexual offending or concerned about their behaviour
- Non-offending paedophiles
- Those who have been cautioned, charged with or convicted with a sexual offence
- Those who are fearful of re-offending
- Those who are in prison
- Partners of the above
- Therapy for survivors of sexual abuse
Currently, StopSO is not Government funded or supported by any funding. We rely on donations, if you would like to help please visit www.stopso.org.uk/donate-today/
Training, qualifications & experience
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSRT is the UK’s leading membership organisation for therapists specialising in sexual and relationship issues.
All members must abide by their Code of Ethics and the performance of accredited members is regularly monitored.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Anyone who is concerned or worried about there sexual behaviour before an offence/re-offence is committed, survivors/victims of sexual offences. We also help family members.
9am to 4.30pm Mon-Thu & 9am to 4pm on Fri