MBACP, BSc (Hons), Dip.Couns
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and a registered member of The British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and I abide by their ethical framework. I work in private practice, I am fully insured and hold a current and up to date enhanced DBS certificate.
I believe we all have the capacity to reach our full potential and enjoy life. As an Integrative Counsellor I have trained in many different models of therapy. I have learnt a number of skills and ways of working from the different models allowing me to tailor the way I work for each individual. I do not believe therapy is one size fits all. Everyone is different with a unique experience of the world.
Are you feeling scared, lonely, confused, anxious, sad or depressed? Do you feel you have nobody to talk to? No matter what your fears or concerns are I can provide a safe and welcoming environment, free of judgement, to explore your thoughts and feelings.
What to expect from counselling
I know the thought of starting therapy can feel scary or daunting but I will make you feel as comfortable as possible. I will listen and accept you in a space that is free from judgement. Through acceptance, empathy and the therapeutic relationship, you will be able to experience the change you are wanting.
In our first session we can discuss your hopes and expectations for therapy. I will explain the boundaries of counselling and how I can work with you. Any questions you may have about the process are warmly welcomed. This is an opportunity for you to explore what you want from therapy.
Please contact me on 07564022180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I specialise in working with:
• Sexual violence and trauma
• Sexuality and gender identity
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice 2023
- BSc (Hons) Level 6 Therapeutic Counselling 2020
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling 2019
- Level 3 Diploma in Pet Bereavement Counselling 2018
- Level 3 Counselling Skills 2018
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts 2017
- Embracing Suicidal Parts: Using Internal Family Systems (IFS) to Heal Traumatic Wounds 2022
- Level 2 Safeguarding 2021
- BACP Private Practice Conference 2021 - When words are not enough, using creative approaches to therapy
- Introduction to Equine Assisted Psychotherapy 2021
- Mental Health Academy 2021 UK Suicide Prevention Summit
- Shirzad Chamine - Positive Intelligence PQ programme 2021
- Grief and Loss: Finding meaning as we heal individually and collectively 2021
- The Current Mental Health Landscape: Individual and community recovery 2021
- Exploring the future of counselling and psychotherapy in a post-pandemic world 2021
- Trans Awareness 2021
- Treating Co-Occurring Disorder; Using Equine Assisted Psychotherapy webinar 2021
- Magic with Horses - Equine Therapy 2021
- HSCP An Introduction to Honor Based Abuse (HBA) 2021
- PSCP Child Abuse Linked to Faith and Beliefs 2021
- How to do counselling online: A Coronavirus primer 2020
- Mental Health Academy 2020 UK Suicide Prevention Summit
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2019
- Understanding Gender Identity 2019
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy EAP 2019
- MHFA Youth Mental Health First aider 2019
- Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement workshop 2018
- Dream workshop 2018
- EBS, formerly Eastleigh Bereavement Service
- Basingstoke College of Technology
- PARCS Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service
- The Survivors Trust
- Creative Options SPACE Suicide Prevention Awareness Connection and Education
- Retail Trust
BACP- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
From £45.00 to £90.00
Concessions offered for
Counselling sessions last 50 minutes.
£55 for individual session
£90 for couples counselling
Payment via cash, bank transfer or PayPal.
Payment for your initial session will be requested in advance to confirm your booking.
Cancellations and missed appointments:
A minimum of 48 HOURS NOTICE must be given or the FULL FEE will be charged.
When I work
I currently have availability for face to face sessions on Saturday.
Zoom or telephone sessions are available Monday to Friday.