I am interested in how we as individuals cope with the world we are brought into, how we engage in and manage the world we live in; how we relate to ourselves and to the people around us.
I have over 20 year's experience working with mental health issues. When people find it hard to work things out by themselves, often due to life events such as loss, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, anxieties, stress, gender, sexuality, having some expert help brings a clearer understanding along with being supported. Sometimes things have never felt easy and giving yourself the time to be heard and understood can be extremely valuable and life changing.
In my experience when exploring the past, meaningful links can be made to present day feelings and behaviours and this provides break through moments.
When you make contact with me I will offer you an assessment session in the first instance. This will take an hour. It will provide me with some valuable information about you and will give you the opportunity to get a sense of how I work and how I am able to help you. I work on a once weekly basis, the duration of sessions is 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters degree and Psychotherapy training as an integrative psychotherapist drawing on psychodynamic, existential and humanistic models of theory, Regent's University London.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent's University London.
- Post-graduate diploma in psychotherapy studies at the University of Kent focusing on psychoanalytic theory.
- Post-graduate certificate at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust studying family interventions and work with adolescents and children.
- BA (Hons) Psychology MBPsS
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling UKCP
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Post-graduation Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Studies
- Post-graduate Certificate in Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Wellbeing, Multidisciplinary, Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust Foundation.
- Private practice working with adults of all ages and adolescents.
- Working in psychotherapy units within NHS hospitals seeing adult clients.
- Bereavement counselling in a hospice working with adults, families and children.
- Extensive work in an organisation specialising in adults and teenagers (13-25 year olds).
- Co-working at CAMHS alongside a Consultant Child Psychotherapist and Psychiatrist.
- Working in a London school seeing children for individual therapy sessions using different mediums of expression.
All my experience amounts to over 20 years of psychotherapeutic work with wide and varied presentations of mental health and well being issues.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Fees are charged at a standard rate but individual needs and circumstances are taken into account.
My working hours and availability varies but do make contact and I will try my best to find a mutually convenient appointment time.
- Information Commissioner's Office, GDPR/Data Protection Certificate
- DBS Certificate
- Adhere to UKCP ethical guidelines