I am a kind, genuine and attentive person with over 6 years counselling experience.I work with Adults (including Military Personnal), Young People, Couples and Families
I offer a safe place, one to one, couples and family counselling, non-judgemental, private and confidential.
I can work creatively, encouraging new skills and techniques whilst working through turmoil and barriers to enable you feel empowered to grow as a person/people/family
How counselling can help...
Are you going through life not understanding why you feel or act the way you do? Or not able to understand how your feel?
As a couple or family are you struggling to bond, or appreciate each others differences?
Is it preventing you achieve what you want in life, causing issues with your personal life/relationships, impacting on your work/school/family or effecting your physical health?
Do you feel you can’t cope with life any more, it all too much and confusing? Maybe you are struggling with a recent situation or perhaps a historical childhood event(s).
Does this make you feel anxious, frustrated, angry, withdrawn, or use unsafe coping methods because you can’t understand or identify your emotions.
I can help you with:-
Self-harm, Anxiety, Stress, Service veterans, Emotional/Physical/Sexual Abuse, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Depression, Personal development, Self esteem, Men's issues, Women's issues, Child related issues, Relationships, Anger management, Work related issues, Family Therapy
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in therapeutic Counselling CCPCAB Levels, 1,2,3 & 4 (Nov 2013)
- Humanistic Sand-tray Therapy – May 2013
- Certificate Counselling Children and Young People – 84 hours of CPD on various topics – October 2013 to April 2014
- Certificate ‘Working with young people – Anxiety & Panic issues’ – 6 hours CPD – September 2018
- Certificate ‘Working with young people – ‘Anger issues’ – 6 hours CPD – May 2018
- Working with Sexual Abuse – 6 hours CPD – July 2018
- Issues of Attachment – 5 hours CPD - Nov 2012 –
- Trauma and the Body – 6 hours CPD – March 2015
- Working with Adults Survivors of Rape and Sexual Abuse – 16 hours CPD – March 2012
- Certificate in Brief Family Therapy - 18 hours CPD - October 2019
- I undertake regular training as part of my continued professional development and in line with BACP registration
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Military Personnel /veterans
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
I can offer weekdays or evening, either short and longer term work:
- The 1st 30 minute session is £20:00 individual & £40:00 Couple and Families
- Subsequent 50/60 minute sessions - Individuals £40, Family/Couples Therapy £75:00
- Limited concessions - contact me for details
Payments can be made by cash on the day or by bank transfer:
I have my own personal private counselling room in a quiet setting with FREE parking. My work is fully insured and supervised in accordance with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’s ethical framework.
What to do next:-
Contact me via email, text or phone call. My phone is often on silent due to work commitment, please leave message: I will return your call, text or email within 24 hours
Give a brief description of what support you require or just how you feel
We can arrange the first 30 minute session at a convenient day and time
I will send details of location and free parking
After this first meeting we can discuss in more detail the type of support and number of sessions
I offer both short and longer term work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I will endeavour to reply to your emails, messages, phone call within 24 hour: please note my phone may be on silent due to work commitments.
Types of client