I am a kind, genuine and attentive person with over 6 years counselling experience, working with Adults (including Military Personnal), Young People and children.
I offer a safe place, one to one counselling relationship, non-judgemental, private and confidential.
I can work creatively, encouraging new skills and techniques whilst working through turmoil and barriers to enable you feel empowered to grow as a person.
How counselling can help...
Are you going through life not understanding why you feel or act the way you do? Or not able to understand how your feel?
Is it preventing you achieve what you want in life, causing issues with your personal life/relationships, impacting on your work/school or effecting your physical health?
Do you feel you can’t cope with life any more, it all too much and confusing? Maybe you are struggling with a recent situation or perhaps a historical childhood event(s).
Does this make you feel anxious, frustrated, angry, withdrawn, or use unsafe coping methods because you can’t understand or identify your emotions.
I can help you with:-
Self-harm, Anxiety, Stress, Service veterans, Abuse, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Depression, Personal development, Self esteem, Men's issues, Women's issues, Child related issues, Relationships, Anger management, Work related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in therapeutic Counselling CCPCAB Levels, 1,2,3 & 4 (Nov 2013)
- Humanistic Sand-tray Therapy – May 2013
- Certificate Counselling Children and Young People – 84 hours of CPD on various topics – October 2013 to April 2014
- Certificate ‘Working with young people – Anxiety & Panic issues’ – 6 hours CPD – September 2018
- Certificate ‘Working with young people – ‘Anger issues’ – 6 hours CPD – May 2018
- Working with Sexual Abuse – 6 hours CPD – July 2018
- Issues of Attachment – 5 hours CPD - Nov 2012 –
- Trauma and the Body – 6 hours CPD – March 2015
- Working with Adults Survivors of Rape and Sexual Abuse – 16 hours CPD – March 2012
- I undertake regular training as part of my continued professional development and in line with BACP registration
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Military Personnel /veterans
Photos & videos
I can offer day, evening, weekdays or weekends (limited sessions) I offer both short and longer term work:
- The 1st 30 minute session is £20:00
- Subsequent 50/60 minute sessions upfront payment of £40:00
- Limited concessions - contact me for details
Payments can be made by cash on the day or by bank transfer:
I have my own personal private counselling room in a quiet setting with FREE parking. My work is fully insured and supervised in accordance with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’s ethical framework.
What to do next:-
Contact me via email, text or phone call. My phone is often on silent due to work commitment, please leave message: I will return your call, text or email within 24 hours
Give a brief description of what support you require or just how you feel
We can arrange the first 30 minute session at a convenient day and time
I will send details of location and free parking
After this first meeting we can discuss in more detail the type of support and number of sessions
I offer both short and longer term work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I will endeavour to reply to your emails, messages, phone call within 24 hour: please note my phone may be on silent due to work commitments.
Types of client