I am a kind, genuine and attentive person with over 6 years counselling experience.I work with Adults (including Military Personnal), Young People, Couples and Families
I offer a safe place, one to one, couples and family counselling, non-judgemental, private and confidential.
I can work creatively, encouraging new skills and techniques whilst working through turmoil and barriers to enable you feel empowered to grow as a person/people/family
How counselling can help...
Are you going through life not understanding why you feel or act the way you do? Or not able to understand how your feel?
As a couple or family are you struggling to bond, or appreciate each others differences?
Is it preventing you achieve what you want in life, causing issues with your personal life/relationships, impacting on your work/school/family or effecting your physical health?
Do you feel you can’t cope with life any more, it all too much and confusing? Maybe you are struggling with a recent situation or perhaps a historical childhood event(s).
Does this make you feel anxious, frustrated, angry, withdrawn, or use unsafe coping methods because you can’t understand or identify your emotions.
I can help you with:-
Self-harm, Anxiety, Stress, Service veterans, Emotional/Physical/Sexual Abuse, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Depression, Personal development, Self esteem, Men's issues, Women's issues, Child related issues, Relationships, Anger management, Work related issues, Family Therapy
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in therapeutic Counselling CCPCAB Levels, 1,2,3 & 4 (Nov 2013)
- Humanistic Sand-tray Therapy – May 2013
- Certificate Counselling Children and Young People – 84 hours of CPD on various topics – October 2013 to April 2014
- Certificate ‘Working with young people – Anxiety & Panic issues’ – 6 hours CPD – September 2018
- Certificate ‘Working with young people – ‘Anger issues’ – 6 hours CPD – May 2018
- Working with Sexual Abuse – 6 hours CPD – July 2018
- Issues of Attachment – 5 hours CPD - Nov 2012 –
- Trauma and the Body – 6 hours CPD – March 2015
- Working with Adults Survivors of Rape and Sexual Abuse – 16 hours CPD – March 2012
- Certificate in Brief Family Therapy - 18 hours CPD - October 2019
- I undertake regular training as part of my continued professional development and in line with BACP registration
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Military Personnel /veterans
I can offer weekdays or evening, either short and longer term work:
- The 1st 30 minute session is £20:00 individual & £40:00 Couple and Families
- Subsequent 50/60 minute sessions - Individuals £40, Family/Couples Therapy £70:00
- Limited concessions - contact me for details
Payments can be made by cash on the day or by bank transfer:
I have my own personal private counselling room in a quiet setting with FREE parking. My work is fully insured and supervised in accordance with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’s ethical framework.
What to do next:-
Contact me via email, text or phone call. My phone is often on silent due to work commitment, please leave message: I will return your call, text or email within 24 hours
Give a brief description of what support you require or just how you feel
We can arrange the first 30 minute session at a convenient day and time
I will send details of location and free parking
After this first meeting we can discuss in more detail the type of support and number of sessions
I offer both short and longer term work.