Errikos Kotzakioulafis - MBACP PGDip BSc
I am a UK trained psychologist (BSc) and a fully qualified integrative counsellor and psychotherapist (PGDip). I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I offer a safe place where together we can explore your difficulties and a potential way forward. I offer a wide range of psychotherapies such as CBT, person centred and psychodynamic among others. However, decades of research has shown that the most important factor for a positive and successful outcome when it comes to psychotherapy is the quality of the therapeutic relationship. Therefore it is important that we build a therapeutic relationship based on trust and collaboration.
How I work
I work in an integrative way, which means that I use a range of psychotherapies tailored to your needs and the nature of the material you bring to therapy. I will listen to you carefully and offer you a safe place where we can explore and understand your difficulties. I will sometimes challenge you to think differently and look at things from a different perspective. I will highlight your strengths to increase internal resilience so you can enjoy life to the full. I understand that therapy can at times be challenging so my promise to you is that you have full control of what you share with me and when you share it. I work at your own pace.
Your first session
In your first session with me I will answer any questions you might have and there will of course be time for you to tell me what brings you to therapy and what your expectations are. After our first session you can think about how you feel about working with me and whether you think that therapy with me will benefit you. I offer therapy on a short-term basis (6 sessions), long-term (12 sessions) or open-ended.
VISIT MY WEBSITE: WWW.ERRIKOS-COUNSELLING.COM
Training, qualifications & experience
Why choose me?
- Over 8 years of experience supporting people with common mental health problems
- I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist
- I am trained to the high standards of BACP: UK's largest professional body for therapists
- I am insured and I receive regular supervision of my work according to BACP's guidelines
- I have experience of working with people from all walks of life both in private practice and on the NHS
- I have a background in psychology and I am a UK trained psychologist
- I make use of proven therapeutic interventions to move therapy forward
- I offer therapy tailored to your needs thanks to my training in integrative counselling
I have experience in the following areas:
- Emotional and physical abuse
- Depression and feeling sad
- Relationship and intimacy problems
- Living with chronic conditions
- HIV and AIDS
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual abuse
- Feelings of guilt and/or shame
- Survivors of accidents and natural disasters
- Work related stress
- Low self-esteem
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience of working with LGBTQ individuals and people with chronic physical illnesses.
Video calling sessions via Skype or FaceTime are available for £50/session. Payment is strictly made in advance via bank transfer unless agreed otherwise.
You can pay via bank transfer sometime before our session.
Concessions offered for
I can offer therapy in English and in Greek.
My N7 6LA practice is:
- 2 minutes walk from "Manor Gardens" bus stop (buses 17, 43, 263, 271)
- 11 minutes walk from "Upper Holloway" overground station
- 17 minutes walk from "Archway" tube station
- 16 minutes walk from "Holloway road" tube station
My EC1V 8AB practice is
- 8 minutes walk from "Old street" tube station
- 8 minutes walk from "Barbican" station