Errikos Kotzakioulafis - MBACP PGDip BSc
I am a UK trained psychologist (BSc) and a fully qualified integrative counsellor and psychotherapist (PGDip). I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I offer a safe place where together we can explore your difficulties and a potential way forward. I offer a wide range of psychotherapies such as CBT, person centred and psychodynamic among others. However, decades of research has shown that the most important factor for a positive and successful outcome when it comes to psychotherapy is the quality of the therapeutic relationship. Therefore it is important that we build a therapeutic relationship based on trust and collaboration.
How I work
I work in an integrative way, which means that I use a range of psychotherapies tailored to your needs and the nature of the material you bring to therapy. I will listen to you carefully and offer you a safe place where we can explore and understand your difficulties. I will sometimes challenge you to think differently and look at things from a different perspective. I will highlight your strengths to increase internal resilience so you can enjoy life to the full. I understand that therapy can at times be challenging so my promise to you is that you have full control of what you share with me and when you share it. I work at your own pace.
Your first session
In your first session with me I will answer any questions you might have and there will of course be time for you to tell me what brings you to therapy and what your expectations are. After our first session you can think about how you feel about working with me and whether you think that therapy with me will benefit you. I offer therapy on a short-term basis (6 sessions), long-term (12 sessions) or open-ended.
VISIT MY WEBSITE: WWW.ERRIKOS-COUNSELLING.COM
Training, qualifications & experience
Why choose me?
- Over 8 years of experience supporting people with common mental health problems
- I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist
- I am trained to the high standards of BACP: UK's largest professional body for therapists
- I am insured and I receive regular supervision of my work according to BACP's guidelines
- I have experience of working with people from all walks of life both in private practice and on the NHS
- I have a background in psychology and I am a UK trained psychologist
- I make use of proven therapeutic interventions to move therapy forward
- I offer therapy tailored to your needs thanks to my training in integrative counselling
I have experience in the following areas:
- Emotional and physical abuse
- Depression and feeling sad
- Relationship and intimacy problems
- Living with chronic conditions
- HIV and AIDS
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual abuse
- Feelings of guilt and/or shame
- Survivors of accidents and natural disasters
- Work related stress
- Low self-esteem
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience of working with LGBTQ individuals and people with chronic physical illnesses.
Photos & videos
The cost for a 50 minutes session is £70 at my EC1V 8AB practice in Central London and £50 for a 50 minutes session at my N7 6LA practice.
I offer sessions at a lower rate if you are unemployed or if you are a full time student. Subject to availability.
You can pay via bank transfer in advance or pay cash on the day. I also accept most credit and debit cards.
Video calling sessions via Skype or FaceTime are available for £50/session. Payment is strictly made in advance via bank transfer unless agreed otherwise.
I can offer therapy in English and in Greek.
My N7 6LA practice is:
- 2 minutes walk from "Manor Gardens" bus stop (buses 17, 43, 263, 271)
- 11 minutes walk from "Upper Holloway" overground station
- 17 minutes walk from "Archway" tube station
- 16 minutes walk from "Holloway road" tube station
My EC1V 8AB practice is
- 8 minutes walk from "Old street" tube station
- 8 minutes walk from "Barbican" station
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning and late evening appointments might be available. I work from morning to evening. Weekend appointments might also be available. Contacting me for availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|