Brian Turner BA (Hons.) MNCS Snr Accred. (Prof. Dip PsyC, Dip Hyp CS )
- Is work related stress affecting your life?
- Worried about your health?
- Is anxiety a barrier that is stopping you achieving what you want out of life?
- Do you feel misunderstood and that no one understands your feelings?
Let me help you to know your mind better.
My name is Brian Turner, and I am a fully qualified psychotherapist. I am a therapist who believes in combining therapies and techniques to promote an active well-being in all of my clients, allowing them to begin again.I am focused on providing the best therapeutic care for anxiety based conditions and do so at an affordable price.
The services I offer are designed to take away your stresses and anxieties of everyday life and I provide all of my clients the opportunity to challenge their unwanted behaviours by looking deeply at the past and present to focus on the future that you deserve.
I have had great success with resolving unwanted habits, and thought patterns. I do so by not only by dealing with presenting issues but also explore the "why", or reason you have your unwanted behaviour, thus providing a more successful course of treatment.
If you are a person who has something that they would like to change; allowing a refreshing and invigorating start to life, feeling free from unwanted thinking and habits, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Dip. Hyp CS)
- Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory (Dip CST.)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. Dip. PsyC)
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Prof. Dip. PsyC.)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy supervision (GHR)
- University of Pennsylvania - Neuroethics
- Mindfulness for Anxiety and Depression - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
- NICE Anxiety Mental health training
- BPD Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness - Independent Domestic Abuse Services
- Autisum Awarness Training
- QPR Training (suicide prevention training.)
Roles and responsibilities
- Stamp out suicide - placement coordinator.
- Interdependent assessor - Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training
Courses that I have run:
- Anger management Awareness
- Depression Awareness
- Suicide prevention Awareness
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
- Phone Consultation - FREE
- Face-to-Face consultation - £25
- Counselling Session / Face to Face CBT - £50
- Telephone Counselling (per call) - £50
- Counselling Email (per therapeutic email) - £50
Please note that in the event that a client needs to have supporting documentation written at their request, then they may be subjected to a £25 administration fee.
- Tragedy under the sun
- Talking about death
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Where the mind goes, the body will follow
- Infidelity: How to help your relationship
- The eucatastrophe: an alternative way of thinking
- Your personal safeguarding
- Hot and cold behaviours
- Do you have a plan?
- A psychotherapeutic approach to the new GCSE and A-level exams
- Break the cycle of depression
Assistance with costs
Phoenix Therapy is proud to have an affiliation with WDHCS.
WDHCS has a limited number of bursaries available for people in the West Yorkshire area who wish to access health services but cannot due to financial reasons. The bursary has a value of up to £500 (12 x 1 hour session of therapy) per person to be spent on health treatments. By working together with my clients can help you apply for a bursary; this is no guarantee of acceptance but a cases will be processed on an individual basis.
If you have any further questions about this bursary or anything please feel free to contact me.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments Monday-Friday; please enquire for further details.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Welcome to my Supervision profile:.