Brian Turner BA (Hons.) MNCS Snr Accred / Supervisor. (Prof. Dip PsyC)
- Is work related stress affecting your life?
- Worried about your health?
- Is anxiety a barrier that is stopping you achieving what you want out of life?
- Do you feel misunderstood and that no one understands your feelings?
Let me help you to know your mind better.
My name is Brian Turner, and I am a fully qualified psychotherapist. I am a therapist who believes in combining therapies and techniques to promote an active well-being in all of my clients, allowing them to begin again.I am focused on providing the best therapeutic care for anxiety based conditions and do so at an affordable price.
The services I offer are designed to take away your stresses and anxieties of everyday life and I provide all of my clients the opportunity to challenge their unwanted behaviours by looking deeply at the past and present to focus on the future that you deserve.
I have had great success with resolving unwanted habits, and thought patterns. I do so by not only by dealing with presenting issues but also explore the "why", or reason you have your unwanted behaviour, thus providing a more successful course of treatment.
If you are a person who has something that they would like to change; allowing a refreshing and invigorating start to life, feeling free from unwanted thinking and habits, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Dip. Hyp CS)
- Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory (Dip CST.)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. Dip. PsyC)
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Prof. Dip. PsyC.)
- Certificate of Counselling Supervision (Distinction)
- PTSD diploma (Distinction)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy supervision (GHR)
- University of Pennsylvania - Neuroethics
- Mindfulness for Anxiety and Depression - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
- NICE Anxiety Mental health training
- BPD Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness - Independent Domestic Abuse Services
- Autisum Awarness Training
- QPR Training (suicide prevention training.)
Roles and responsibilities
- Stamp out suicide - placement coordinator.
- Independent assessor - Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training
Courses that I have run:
- Anger management Awareness
- Depression Awareness
- Suicide prevention Awareness
- Advanced Anxiety Management
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
For all those people that are key workers during the COVID-19 crisis I am offering 50% off marked prices.
- Phone inquiry - FREE
- Phone / Face-to-Face consultation - £30
- Counselling Session / Face to Face CBT - £60
- Telephone Counselling (per call) - £60
- Online Counselling (per session) - £60
- Counselling Email (per therapeutic email) - £60
Please note that in the event that a client needs to have supporting documentation written at their request, then they may be subjected to a £30 administration fee.
Key worker fees:
Session price: £30
Concessions offered for
More articles by Brian Turner
- Solution focused therapy
- Having a flutter - what to do when gambling goes too far
- Is psychodynamic therapy for me?
- Dangerous dabbling with displacement
- Factitious disorder imposed on another - Munchausen by proxy
- Five minute conversations - learning to talk efficiently
- Cognitive dissonance
- What is gaslighting?
- Forgiving and not forgetting
- Tragedy under the sun
- Talking about death
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Where the mind goes, the body will follow
- Infidelity: How to help your relationship
- The eucatastrophe: an alternative way of thinking
- Your personal safeguarding
- Hot and cold behaviours
- Do you have a plan?
- A psychotherapeutic approach to the new GCSE and A-level exams
- Break the cycle of depression
- Exam survival guide
- "We need to talk" - The art of communication
- The benefits of counselling in resolving anxiety conditions
- Mindfulness - an introduction
- What is anxiety?
- A combined approach to therapy