Supervisor Brian Turner BA (Hons.) MNCS Snr Accred / Supervisor. (Prof. Dip PsyC)
Welcome to my Supervision profile:
Some quick questions for you:
- Are you looking for an integrative approach to supervision?
- Are you stuck and need someone to help you with a tricky client?
- Do you need help finding a work / life balance?
- Has the most recent case left you with a need to process excess thoughts and feelings?
- Or are you looking for a supervisor?
If so, I might be able to help.
My name is Brian Turner. I am fully qualified and insured counselling and hypnotherapy supervisor. I hold a diploma in supervision from the Open College which i gained a Distinction. I am also an accredited member of the National hypnotherapy Society (BT00X820) and the National Counselling Society (NCS13-00492); I am also a professional therapeutic trainer. I work in the private practice in the West Yorkshire area, I have a wide and varied practice and my specialities are: integrative therapies, anxiety, depression, trauma and suicidal ideation and behaviours.
How I work:
I work as a supervisor on a one-to-one basis and I can either see you face-to-face in my practice, or offer telephone / online supervision. I utilise many different models of supervision to tailor make supervision that is appropriate for the supervisee, whilst doing all that is necessary to meet professional standards.
The areas that I focus on are:
CPD and client work: We will spend some time focusing upon how you work with clients, and any issues that you may have with your ongoing clients and also look at how we can improve your knowledge base so that you can blossom in your chosen area of practice.
Accountability: The legal and ethical aspects of supervision, making sure that we are practising in accordance with our code of practice, and also being accountable to ourselves: making sure that we are taking the necessary self-care to ensure that we are practising as the best we can be.
Support: To offer you encouragement and support, as being a therapist is an incredibly lonely business and sometimes we all need that support. I always seem to be very encouraging, proactive with my support, so if we do encounter a problem we find a solution, and a plan of action to ensure that your worry is minimised and your potential maximised.
Fees and frequency of sessions:
· I charge £60 per hour for a fully qualified counsellor (1.5 hour of supervision = £60)
· For trainees I charge £40 per session (1hr) (£60 for 1.5 hours)
· The frequency of sessions depends upon the number of clients that you have, and the requirements of your professional body.
· Any reports that need to be produced will be charged at £30 per report.
If you’re interested, or would like to ask further questions on what you’ve read, I can be contacted on:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments Monday-Friday; please enquire for further details.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Welcome to my Supervision profile:.