Andy Hibberd Counselling
You can heal with me.
I listen with my heart and feel empathy for you and your experience which empowers you to overcome your current difficulties.
You will be understood and connected with in an honest, open way that supports and trusts you through the process of therapy.
I work with many different types of people from young children and teenagers to adults.
My work is about genuineness, respect, and empathy, whilst trusting your inner ability to heal and grow.
I don't apply a technique, I am with you whatever you bring, however you are, and wherever you go.
If you would like to know more about how I work you can read My Thoughts on Therapy (Click to Open)
The question that continues to drive me is "How and why do people change?"
I am determined to provide effective and lasting change for people and I think the way I work now is the most efficient way of doing that.
I studied philosophy at university and was then drawn to personal development. I believe that working on myself makes me a more effective therapist.
I currently live in South East London after growing up in Essex and worked for eight years in the Lloyd's Insurance Market before turning my full attention to therapy. I enjoy time on my own, being in nature, watching films, and am currently learning swing dancing which is a lot of fun but I keep forgetting the moves.
You can call, text, or email me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Person Centred Counselling Diploma
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Diploma
I have worked in three schools, an NHS clinic, and a low-cost therapy clinic.
I now work in private practice in Bethnal Green.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
£50 for individuals, £60 for couples and home visits, for one hour
24 hours notice required for cancellations
You decide how many sessions to have
Some low cost sessions available depending on circumstance
I sometimes use art materials which can be helpful.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client