Andrew Lipczynski. Counsellor and Supervisor
Hello my name is Andrew,
-N.B. I AM ONLY SEEING ONLINE CLIENTS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE-
I provide counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples who wish to address the difficulties they face in their lives; in a safe, confidential, supportive and non-judgemental way.
As an Integrative Counsellor & Therapist, I'm trained in a number of distinct counselling models and use those that are the most effective for your difficulties. I'm happy to take an email or call about the type of counselling I provide and how it can be beneficial for you. I'm very interested in counselling for relationships, service personnel and men; and issues such as affairs, depression, suicide and complex mental health. I have trained and worked with www.relateNI.org for over nine years providing relationship & couple counselling, and clinical supervision to relationship therapists and trainees.
I am Australian and have travelled and worked throughout the world and including Northern Ireland for over twenty years. I have practiced internationally as a therapist in a variety of settings such as: private, corporate, voluntary & community, further education & university, military and civilian services, multi-disciplinary health, and crisis helplines, with a diverse range of issues and clients.
As a registered and accredited counsellor I adhere to the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) ethical framework and code of practice. If you have any questions please call me and I would also recommend checking the website www.bacp.co.uk. for further information where you can also verify my status on the BACP online register of approved therapists. I am also an accredited counsellor and approved supervisor with the National Counselling Society (NCS). www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org
I am no longer on the University of Ulster Register of Approved supervisors for counselling trainees and provide personal therapy for trainees.
Please feel free to email and we can discuss my services further and I will answer any questions you may have at this time.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training includes:
- MSc Guidance & Counselling
- Diploma in Advanced Reflexive Supervision (postgrad)
- Relate NI professional program in Couple therapy. (postgrad)
- Bachelor of Theology (Hons.)
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificates 1, 2 & 3 in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
- Level 3 BTEC Advanced Award in Self-Defence Instruction
- HABC (QCF) Level 2 Award in working within the private security industry.
- Level 3 Instructor in Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults. 2017
I regularly attend training to keep up to date with current research and best practice, for example:
- Counselling for men and male issues.
- Sex addiction
- Suicide and Self-harm risk assessing
- LGBT Awareness
- Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Training
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- 1st International Interdisciplinary Supervision conference- Michael Carroll Workshops
- Mental Health First Aid and Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Model
- Dual Diagnosis (Addiction and Mental Health)
- CBT Specific to Depression and Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Working with Domestic Violence
- Facilitation & Group Work Skills
Having qualified in 2004, I continue to provide clients with supervised clinical counselling and supervision to counsellors and other professionals. I formerly lectured at tertiary level in Counselling and Counselling Skills and my current interests include counselling for- men’s issues , service personnel, relationship, depression, suicide, and complex mental health. I support clients in both long and short-term therapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Andrew holds workshops and offers counselling for other issues including:-
-Men and Men's issues.
-Individuals working in security & government services in Northern Ireland and Abroad.
-Pastoral and Ministry professionals in Church work.
-Expatriates living in Northern Ireland.
Rates for Counselling/Personal Therapy:
£50 per Counselling/Personal Therapy session (50 minutes - 1 hour)
Please call to discuss rates for students, initial consultations, availability and online support. I support clients in both long and short-term therapy and see my clients in Tyrone, Down and Co. Antrim.
Rates for Clinical Supervision:
1.5 hours - £50
Please feel free to phone and we can discuss my services further and I will ensure it meets your needs at this time. If after a call &/or consultation you find the service unsuitable I will happily work together with you to provide further information on your next steps for finding support.
Andrew regularly holds therapeutic workshops and talks on issues and themes such as relationship, the affair, anger management and depression.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
ONLINE CLIENTS ONLY.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified counselling supervisor (approved NCS & UU supervisors register) and offer supervision for student counsellors, therapists and other professionals.