Top tips for keeping your relationship fresh
Are you finding that you've fallen into complacency in your relationship, or that you're taking each other for granted?
Some tips below may help to maintain and refresh it!
1) Try to say something positive to your partner on a daily basis, such as thanks for helping out in some way, or being thoughtful.
2) Arrange a surprise or unexpected outing which you think your partner may like.
3) Put some time aside each week, maybe an hour or so to really talk to your partner about what's going on for them.
4) Initiate something (which your partner may normally do) such as a hug, or holding hands when out.
5) Get the diary out and plan some event to look forward to, or talk about your future dreams/plans over the next few years.
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Pat Ellis
Are you feeling stressed or anxious, or your relationship in difficulty? Are you looking for a warm, friendly and professional counsellor in Huddersfield? I am an Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and a Relate trained counsellor, with thirteen years of specialist experience of individual and couples counselling for relationship issues, as well as… Read more
Located in Huddersfield.
Can also offer telephone appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: