William Fley, MA, PG. Dip, BA (hons) MBACP Accredited
01590 642110 / 07802 841444
Welcome to the Forgiveness centre New Forest.
It is never easy choosing a counsellor and begin therapy. I am welcoming, patient, and caring and offer a high quality of care. I have been told by clients that I am warm and have great deal of empathy and compassion. I have worked over the last 20 years treating people with depression and anxiety and helping people find direction in their lives.
I have faced many personal challenges in my life that have required me to dig deep to find the resources to deal with them. It has been a long journey. And this journey - through loss and having to rebuild my life - has made me stronger, more grounded and more forgiving. For years I felt disconnected and with no sense of direction. But I am living testimony that people and their circumstances can change. I wake up most mornings and I feel my life is just beginning and am filled with a sense of gratitude and wonder.
The counselling process can be a powerful catalyst that can awaken the seeds of hope, renewal, and courage. It is an opportunity to take stock, undertake an inventory of one's life circumstances, and consider what is necessary to leave behind. This is what is worked through in counselling. To rebuild a life can involve letting go of the old; but first we must understand ourselves with kind attention. The greatest shame in life is not having lived it.
I believe that we can turn our lives around and live more fulfilling lives with a sense of belonging, hope and gratitude. I work integratively, which means I've trained in various models of counselling and psychotherapy. And I look at the person as a whole without judgement and with compassion. My services also includes mindfulness and retreats, as I am the founder of the Forgiveness Centre. I work both long & short term.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Birkbeck College. University of London
- BA (Hons) in Psychology. Richmond American International University, London
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. Regent's College, London
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Surrey
- Breathworks : Mindfulness teacher ( 2015-2016)
- Oxford Mindfulness Centre summer school 2016
- MBACP (full accredited membership of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Certified Practitioners)
- APA (American Psychological Association - International affiliate)
I have worked both within the NHS and privately. I am also the founder of the Meditation Circle (www.meditationcircle.co.uk), which is a non-profit organisation.
Continuing further development with Breathworks and the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
At the Forgiveness Centre we teach mindfulness.
Mindfulness is good for:
1. Relaxation, balance and centring energy
2. Self-strengthening, renewing energy
3. Being conscious of one's daily lifestyle
4. To understand relationships
5. Developing solutions for new challenges
6. Clarifying difficulties and conflicts
7. Understanding psychosomatic suffering
8. Getting rid of painful past experiences
9. Exploring the inner elements of the conscious
10. A conscious dealing with emotions
11. Dealing with one's own needs
12. Strengthening will and ego control
13. Recognising projections and identifications
14. Using intelligence consciously
15. Broadening the perception
16. Identifying and understanding one's own destiny
Photos & videos
- Initial assessment session is 1.5 hours (£75)
- Initial appointments are made after completion of a contact form and payment
Counselling sessions are from £55 for individuals and £75 for couples
Please email or ring for a discussion
Sessions are 50 minutes. Arrangements are made to suit the needs of the client, but most clients have weekly sessions.
The first step is an initial assessment of your needs to determine whether counselling and psychotherapy is right for you. Our counselling sessions take place on a one-to-one basis at my private clinic, and last for 50 minutes. The aim of counselling is to create a safe, non judgmental, compassionate environment. All discussions are confidential, and I am bound by the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice.
I always look forward to meeting and working with new individuals and sharing their journeys with them
I am the founder of the Forgiveness Centre based at Furzey Gardens, New Forest.
we teach mindfulness
Forgiveness Empowerment weekend - 3 nights - 6-9 October 2017
Christmas Retreat - 7 nights - 22 December - 29 December
New Year Retreat - 7 nights - 29 December - 5 January 2018
R&R (Recharge & Rest) Coming soon - 2018
Please see website for more events and details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|