Tony Chapman MBACP
City Of London
41 Abbeville Road
01444 459230 / 07555 597963
Hello, I am a registered counsellor and psychotherapist specialising in Anxiety, Abuse, Anger and Addiction. My office is in the heart of the City, just a short walk from Bank tube station.
Regardless of the intensity of your dilemma or the depth of your distress, your personal crisis can provide an opportunity for self-awareness. I use my training to help you evoke greater insight, new perspectives, find acceptance and discover patterns of behaviour and their underlying causes. I work hard to help you find new practical and emotional strategies, in order to provide future resilience and a renewed zest for life.
I understand that making the first step towards change can be extremely difficult. So even if you would like to just ask a question in confidence, or make an appointment to meet in person, please do not hesitate to give me a call or send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience working with a multitude of issues in both private practice, agency settings and within the National Health Service. I have experience of intensive long-term and short-term, solution focussed work. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the National Counselling Society.
My training is essentially integrative, client centred and technically eclectic, it uses elements of psychodynamic theory and blends experiential dynamic approaches with emotion focussed therapy and mindfulness. It is based on evidence from current advances in neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology. As a general principal I focus on a more intense, shorter-term therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Sessions are 50 minutes and are £65.00 for my regular weekday appointments between 10:00am and 7:00pm.
- Weekday morning sessions from 8:00am until 10:00am are £75.00.
- Weekday evening sessions from 8:00pm until 10:00pm are £75.00.
- Saturday sessions from 8:00am until 1:00pm are £75.00.
- Double sessions of 100 minutes are available by separate arrangement.
- Home visits, online or telephone sessions for those with limited mobility are available on request.
- Subject to availability I have two concessionary slots for those who are unemployed, on disability benefit, or with limited resources (documentary evidence required).
Prior to embracing my new career I worked in business as a company Director based in London for 25 years. My enthusiasm for counselling and psychotherapy and their power to enable positive change in people’s lives has been enhanced by both my personal experiences and a desire for deeper fulfilment and meaning.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I practice daytimes, evenings and Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|