Maria Luisa Urey MBACP
How can I support you?
Do you feel anxious, in need of support to manage feelings of depression, sadness or anger?
Maybe you are unable to share your feelings with your loved ones due to shame or feeling a failure or have extreme anxiety.
Would you like someone to talk to?
Luisa Urey - Vocalise Counselling
I'm an integrative psychotherapist/counsellor at Kings Langley Pupil Support Services supporting children in six schools around Hertfordshire.
Vocalise is my private practice in Watford, where I work with adults and children offering psychotherapy, counselling, play-therapy, both long-term and short-term sessions available.
I work with many adults and children who are struggling with trauma and unable to concentrate with normal life, experiencing difficulty at school, work or with their relationship at home. I support individuals who feel emotionally exhausted, stressed, struggling to cope, experiencing anxiety or depression, having relationship issues, seeking help and advice, or maybe feeling overwhelmed.
I have a special interest in 'Person-centred therapy' (PCT) to support issues such as generalised anxiety disorder, trauma, domestic violence, relationship difficulty, anger management.
Working with Luisa
I offer Talking Therapy from a therapeutic safe-space - so you're not alone. I am here to gently help you without any pressure or judgement on my part, it's my job to support and help you develop coping skills to manage feelings.
My clients describe me as someone who is empathetic and trustworthy, who enable them to take the first step to make life changes and start to feel like their old-self again and be able to cope with life by helping them rebuild resilience and self-confidence.
For more information please feel free to contact me in total confidence to have a informal chat or discuss your needs. I also offer a no-obligation free telephone assessment.
Find me on Facebook under Luisa Urey Counselling Support Service Watford/Hertfordshire. Please ask to join my group to become a member.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency
- Counselling Children and Young People Training
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF)
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Introduction to counselling
- CACHE Diploma in pre-school Practice
- C&G Certificate in family and community care
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery
- KCA Associates Attachment, Trauma and Resilience:
- KCA Associates Promoting learning for vulnerable children
- KCA Associates Baby development and positive parenting
- ADHD & Autism Support
- play therapy Intro - Amersham & Wycombe college
- P2be- Safeguarding Children Training
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training,
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage
- Safe Guarding Board- Graded Care- Neglect Assessment tool Training
- NSPCC Child Protection
- APAC Intro. to Play Therapy training /Open toy box 3 day training
- Self harm- Mind training.
- Open toy-box -Play Therapy Training
- Anger management Training.
- Suidicide and Risk Assessment Training at herts rite
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL
- Child Protection Herts Safety Board
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
Previous roles include coordinating Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service, specialising in working with vulnerable families and children.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- Initial face to face assessment - £30 For 30 minutes appointment no obligation
- Counselling (Face to Face ) £40 From Monday - Friday (Daytime rate)
- Face time/ Skype /messenger £40 Daytime/ £45 evening & Weekends
- Phone session £ 40 per session. Sessions last 50 minutes
- Play therapy £60 per session, or £550 for 10 sessions
- Session are child centered and last up to 50 minutes age depending .
Reduced rates available to students and in special circumstances please ask.
I am a registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I abide by BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, which I adhere to so that I provide an ethical and professional service.
I attend regular supervision to ensure that I offer the best practice to individuals who use my services and I am fully insured and policed checked with enhanced DBS.
Parking is available at my practice in Watford.
Specialised knowledge and experience in working with individuals with learning difficulties and disabilities .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9 - 5pm Evening apps considered / Weekends 9-3 pm
Types of client