Maria luisa Urey MBACP
My name is Luisa Urey and I work as an integrative humanistic counsellor for Kings Langley Pupil Support Services and Vista. I also run a private practice in Watford in Hertfordshire working with adults and children offering play therapy, long and short term counselling support and mentoring.
Previous roles include running Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service, were I specialised in working with vulnerable families and children.
I have a special interest in 'Person-centred therapy' (PCT) to support issues such as generalised anxiety disorder, trauma, domestic violence, relationship difficulty, anger management and play therapy.
How can my services support you?
Do you feel anxious, in need of support to manage depression, sadness or anger?
Maybe you are unable to share your feelings with your loved ones due to shame or feeling a failure?
'Talking Therapy' can offer you a safe space so your not alone...
I am here to gently help you without any pressure or judgement on my part.
If your are feeling emotionaly exhausted, stressed, struggling to cope, experiencing anxiety, depression, having relationship issues, seeking help and advice or maybe feeling overwhelmed then with the right counsellor and with someone who is empathetic and trustworthy you can take the first step to make life changes and may start to feel lIke your old self again and start being able to cope with life as I help you rebuild your resilience and self confidence.
For more information please contact me in confidence to have a informal chat or discuss your needs. I also offer a non obligation assessment.
Luisa Urey -Vocalise Counselling.
Find me on Facebook under ...Luisa Urey Counselling Service Watford/Hertfordshire
Please ask to join my group to become a member.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency
- Counselling Children and Young People Training
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF)
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Introduction to counselling
- CACHE Diploma in pre-school Practice
- C&G Certificate in family and community care
KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery
KCA Associates Attachment, Trauma and Resilience:
KCA Associates Promoting learning for vulnerable children
KCA Associates Baby development and positive parenting
ADHD & Autism Support
P2be- Safeguarding Children Training
National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training,
Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage
Safe Guarding Board- Graded Care- Neglect Assessment tool Training
NSPCC Child Protection
APAC Intro. to Play Therapy training /Open toy box 3 day training
Self harm- Mind training
Open toy-box -Play Therapy Training
Anger management Training.
Suidicide and Risk Assessment Training at herts rite
Protective Behaviour Training HGFL
Child Protection Herts Safety Board
Grief Training -Open-Toy Box
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- Initial face to face assessment - £30 For 30 minutes appointment no obligation
- Counselling (Face to Face ) £50 From Monday - Friday (Daytime rate)
- Face time/ Skype /messenger £50 Daytime/ £55 evening & Weekends
- Phone session £ 45 per session.
* Sessions last 50 minutes
- Play therapy £60 per session, or £500 for 10 sessions
- Session are child centered and last up to 50 minutes.
Reduced rates available to students and in special circumstances.
I am a registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I abide by Bacp Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, which I adhere to so that I provide an ethical and professional service.
I attend regular supervision to ensure that I offer the best practice to individuals who use my services and I
am fully insured and policed checked with DBS.
Parking is available at my practice in Watford.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9 - 5pm Evening apps considered / Weekends 9-3 pm
Types of client