Life Force Centre
3 East Hill
Lisa is an accredited counsellor and qualified Play Therapist. She has been working with adults, adolescents, children and families ifor nearly 20 years and specialises in supporting children and adults affected by sexual violence, anxiety, trauma and self-esteem. She has developed significant expertise in the fields of mental health, childhood sexual assault and domestic abuse.
She has also trained and supervised teams of volunteer counsellors to work within this and similar settings. Her training programmes during the past decade have included creative and therapeutic play programmes as well as workshops designed to develop skills for working with sexual violation and with individuals who self harm.
She has a friendly, personal approach which enables clients to quickly feel at ease and ready to explore the avenues open to them for change and movement towards health.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG Cert in Applied Systemic Theory: Tavistock Centre
- BACP Accreditation. (Abides by BACP Code of Ethics).
- Level 1 EMDR: Alexandra Richman
- Primary Cert. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: British Psychological Society accredited course
- Certificate in Supervision : Life-force Centre
- Postgraduate Diploma in Play Therapy: PTUK accredited course
- Foundation in Non-Violent Communication: NVC Resolutions
- Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Communication with Children: Tavistock Centre
- Diploma in Counselling: Btec - Professional development (Integrative) (B.A.C.P. Validated course)
- Level I Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
Individual sessions: £45 - £60 (I offer one pro bono client space - please enquire)
Family sessions: £65
School and Organisational sessions: £50
Training and consultancy dependent on nature of group but generally £200 - £300 per day
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|