Life Force Centre
3 East Hill
Lisa is an accredited counsellor and qualified Play Therapist. She has been working with adults, adolescents, children and families for nearly 25 years and specialises in supporting children and adults affected by sexual violence, anxiety, trauma and self-esteem. She has developed significant expertise in the fields of mental health, childhood sexual assault and domestic abuse.
She uses a variety of techniques including EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Creative and talking therapies tailored to meet the individual needs of unique clients.
She has also trained and supervised teams of volunteer counsellors to work within this and similar settings. Her training programmes during the past decade have included creative and therapeutic play programmes as well as workshops designed to develop skills for working with sexual violation and with individuals who self harm.
She has a friendly, personal approach which enables clients to quickly feel at ease and ready to explore the avenues open to them for change and movement towards health.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG Cert in Applied Systemic Theory: Tavistock Centre
- BACP Accreditation. (Abides by BACP Code of Ethics).
- Level 3 EMDR: Alexandra Richman
- Primary Cert. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: British Psychological Society accredited course
- Certificate in Supervision : Life-force Centre
- Postgraduate Diploma in Play Therapy: PTUK accredited course
- Foundation in Non-Violent Communication: NVC Resolutions
- Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Communication with Children: Tavistock Centre
- Diploma in Counselling: Btec - Professional development (Integrative) (B.A.C.P. Validated course)
- Level II Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Individual sessions: £50 - £65 (I offer one pro bono client space - please enquire)
Family sessions: £70
School and Organisational sessions: £55
Training and consultancy dependent on nature of group but generally £275 - £400 per day
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday daytimes and evenings up to 7pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|