Jayne Lane - MBACP
0775328167 / 07753 328167
I’m an experienced humanistic Integrative counsellor and psychotherapist and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I have also trained in the NHS IAPT Counselling for Depression therapeutic approach,
I work with couples and with individual clients aged 12 upwards. I also work with Aspergers clients.
Sessions are usually weekly, for 50 minutes.
I offer both time-limited Solution Focused and open-ended counselling services.
How I work as a counsellor
As you think about your situation right now, you may feel clear about your concern and why you are looking for counselling, or perhaps you are struggling to work out what’s going on for you; for instance, you may feel anxious but not know exactly why, or you may find yourself getting angry or feel your mood is low for no clear reason.
We will start by exploring your feelings about the situation/dilemma that's facing you.
Once I’ve listened to your reasons for coming to see me, we'll discuss options for ways of working together and review this regularly.
Our working relationship will be very important and I always look forward to my part in this. I will welcome and invite your feedback on how you feel about our approach throughout our time together
In a nutshell, I am non-judgemental, empathic and very real - and I aim to work with you on what you choose, in a way that feels helpful to you, within a confidential boundary, of course.
It's essential you feel you're working with a counsellor who feels right for you because research shows that the counselling relationship is the single most influential factor when it comes to clients feeling they've had a positiive outcome from the experience.
That's why I offer a no-strings-attached initial consultation at a 50% discounted rate, where we can see how it feels to work together. Then you can decide if you want to go ahead.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- NHS IAPT Counselling for Depression (York St John University) - training completed Nov 2016; currently working towards certification
I began my training as a counsellor/psychotherapist on the Certificate in Counselling Skills at Wakefield College, and from there to the Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of York St John. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and I work to its professional ethical standards which you can browse, if you wish, by following this link: http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/ethics.php
Along with working in private practice, I’ve worked in different clinical settings:
- a residential rehab unit for women with life-controlling addictions
- an NHS staff counselling service
- a city-based GP referral practice
- a city-based women’s IAPT counselling service
- a secondary school
- a University counselling service
- community-based counselling for adults whose mental health is impacting on children in their care
I am accustomed to working with children aged 12+, young people and adults. I am experienced in working with Aspergers clients.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- First consultation: £20 for a 50 minute session; in the first consultation we will see how it feels to work together, and you will decide if you feel that the way I work will be right for you. If you do decide to go ahead, we will agree together the pattern and timing of your sessions.
- Individual therapy: £40 per 50 minute session.
- Discounts/concessions: please contact me about reduced rates for counsellors in training.
To arrange a first consultation, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone me on 07753328167. Should you be unable to reach me, you can leave your contact details on my voicemail.
I will contact you back via email or phone, whichever you prefer, to have a brief chat about what you would like to use therapy for, and we can, if you like, arrange to meet for a first consultation.
I’m from Yorkshire. I’ve lived in other parts of Great Britain (and truly loved Glasgow) and now I’m settled in my home county, in Wakefield.
Jobs I’ve done
Before training in counselling/psychotherapy, I had a variety of jobs, including
- teaching in Further Education
- working in retail staff management
- management consultancy and training
- voluntary work within my local community
I’ve been a researcher and also a volunteer helper in primary schools, and had a brilliant time working with challenging kids, some with special needs, and linking up with their parents, sharing their joys and concerns in the tricky business of raising a family and making difficult decisions. Being a parent can be great job - and a tough one, for sure!
For nearly ten years, I managed a team of volunteers with a big heart for caring, working with people whose life-controlling addictions often took them to the edge of despair. Loneliness, friendlessness and fear colour the lives of many of these people, who are often desperately trying to find a way out of this situation.
I still do a small amount of voluntary work as a counsellor and also as a trustee at a women's centre local to me.
In every job I’ve had, it’s been the bit about supporting people that I’ve really valued: helping people develop and tap into their inner strengths, maybe surprising themselves by achieving more than they dreamed of.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|