Jasmer Chauhan, Psychotherapist, Counsellor & Clinical Supervisor
Clarity Thinking Limited
Room B15, Harben House
01908 215600 ext 3010 / 07790 827259
Factors such as Relationship issues, affairs, family issues, stress and anxiety, depression, addictions etc. if not dealt with appropriately will cause the individual to experience extreme emotions that they may not be able to deal with, which could cause them and their loved ones on going issues and concerns.
If there’s something in your life that you would like to address, it is essential that you choose your therapist carefully, making sure that they have the right skills, experience and approach to guide you
Clarity Thinking was founded and is managed by Jasmer Chauhan. Over many years, Jasmer’s extensive counselling experience has enabled him to help many people in resolving their personal issues. Jasmer is a fully qualified Psychotherapist, gaining a Masters degree from Middlesex University, and a Therapeutic Counsellor who is a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellor and Psychotherapists). He is currently in the process of completing the accreditation process as set down by the BACP for experienced and qualified counsellors.
Qualifications enable a therapist to practice in an ethical and safe manner, however, life experiences and continuous personal and professional development aid the therapist in ensuring that they are working to their clients benefit. This is an aspect of our working model here at Clarity Thinking that we take extremely seriously.
Jasmer frequently undertakes extra curricular professional training for continuous professional development. This on-going training helps to enhance the therapy Jasmer provides to his clients. It allows a greater understanding of the issues and concerns that are presented by his clients. Jasmer also undertakes regular clinical supervision as a way of self monitoring his work, and thus ensures that his approach of working is of the highest professional level.
The premise behind setting up Clarity Thinking is to enable Jasmer to provide a dedicated and bespoke therapeutic setting for those requiring a private counselling service. Jasmer offers clients a calm, supportive and non-judgmental space to work through their feelings and move forward in a positive manner.
The practice is centrally located within a professional business working environment, where there is ample free on site parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
Jasmer has studied extensively and qualified as a Psychotherapist through Middlesex University via The Society of Psychotherapy and Healing. Also through the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). Jasmer is a fully qualified Therapeutic Counsellor.
OCN - Open College Network
- Counselling Supervisor
B.A.C.P. - British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapist
- Certificate of Proficiency
SOPH - The Society of Psychotherapy and Healing
- MA in Psychotherapy and Healing
CPCAB - Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
- CPCAB Introduction to Counselling Course
- CPCAB Counselling Skills Course
- CPCAB Counselling Studies Course
- CPAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Oxford University, Trinity College; Course Tutor; Chrysalis Counselling Course.
- Northampton University, Course Tutor; Chrysalis Counselling Course.
- MIND @ Northampton
- Service Six
- CAN Partnership, Bedfordshire
- Oasis Partnership, Aylesbury
- CRI, Northamptonshire
- NHS South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare Foundation – Inclusion
- NHS CABS (Child Adolescent Bereavement Services), Bereavement Counsellor
- HMP – Woodhill Prison, Wellingborough Prison, Counsellor
- Turning Point Options, Substance Misuse Counsellor and Project Worker
- Weavers Secondary School, Student Counsellor
- Mind – Mental Health Care, Volunteer Counsellor
- Founder and Facilitator Bedford BAPCA (The British Association for the Person Centred Approach)
- Bedford Open Door Youth Services, Volunteer Counsellor
- Cruse Bereavement Services, Bereavement Counsellor
- Kettering Youth Information Services, KYI, Counsellor
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
The first initial session is free. This allows an opportunity for the client to assess the therapist - as therapy can only work when both parties concerned can genuinely engage and connect.
Fees are discussed during initial free session.
Please note that we work on an appointment only basis, standard appointments have a duration of 50 minutes.
When something in our life, or the life of a loved one, is causing stress, concern or even harm, counselling with an experienced and qualified therapist provides a place for you to talk.
It can often be very difficult on our own to work out even why we are feeling or behaving the way that we are. Here at Clarity Thinking we provide the core fundamentals of therapy:
- safe and confidential space
- peace of mind to express yourself
- opportunity to be heard and not be judged
- someone impartial who will listen
Whoever you are, whatever your gender, ethnicity, beliefs or age, at Clarity Thinking, we give you the time and space to work through your feelings with:
- Individual counselling
- Couples counselling
- Family counselling
- Student counselling
- Teenager counselling
Therapy helps us to discover why we are feeling the way we do, by identifying a way of helping ourselves to move forward.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu|
My availability is extremely felxible and I always do my best to accommodate my clients request. We can negotiate a day and time that works best for you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
OCN Qualified Clinical Supervisor.View supervision profile