Francesca Rinaldi MBACP, CBT, Positive Psychology
Bradford On Avon
I appreciate you taking the time to read my profile. I'm a qualified counsellor trained to work in different ways including CBT. CBT is a powerful effective therapy that supports deep and lasting change and it's very effective for use with Anxiety, Depression, OCD, and Anger management.
I am also trained in other ways of working which means that I have access to other psychological tools and can be flexible and responsive to your situation. This is especially useful for longer term work or issues that involve a greater talking through and understanding. We are all uniquely different as are our situations and I think this wider approach offers more responsivity.
I also have additional post degree training in Positive Psychology at Masters Level, which I am passionate about and this also informs my work. Positive Psychology is the study of people at their best ie: optimum functioning and flourishing. Its the study of what brings out the best in people and what keeps us happy and maintains wellbeing : ie what makes us want to get out of bed in the morning.
I aim to offer the right support and the right level of support, either for yourself or someone you know, who may need help in overcoming emotional problems. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions you would like me to answer.
I offer a professional, flexible approach, according to your needs and situation, and I work in partnership with you . I offer both short term ( 6 -12 weeks), or longer term therapy. My therapy is suited to people from all walks of life.
Sometimes, all you need is to speak to someone who understands your difficulties and can guide you through a stage of your life. Sometimes it's working with longer term problems that have plagued you all your life.
Whether you are trying to cope with emotional distress such as anxiety or depression, relationship problems, work related stress, addictions or other issues, please feel free to contact me to discuss further.
How I work
I work in a combined way using strengths from different psychological trainings including person centred, CBT, REBT, Transactional Analysis and psychodynamic approaches. I integrate Positive Psychology with my work, where appropriate, as as this supports movement beyond problems and surviving to a place of flourishing and happiness.
I offer a free telephone session to talk through what you're looking for. It's a chance for you to get to know me a little and explore what you need. Call or text to arrange a convenient time ( 07866 077217) .
What I offer?
Safe space to explore ways to make positive changes in your life.
- Each session tailored to your needs.
- Sensitive perspective so you can talk through thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement
- Help identify and develop new perspectives, strategies, life tools.
- Able to draw on different approaches - one size does not fit all.
Where I work?
I work from a comfortable, confidential private space in Bradford on Avon ( Bath side of town ie: no need to go through BoA). Easy off street free parking.
Daytime and Evening appointments available.
Who I work with?
I work with people who might not normally consider counselling but are experiencing difficulties such as:
- Low mood- wanting to feel better.
- Anxiety- Stress, Panic attacks, over worrying, worrying about specific issues, health anxiety, tendency to catastrophise, social anxiety, procrastination.
- Problems with difficult people be they in the inner circle of your life ( spouse, partner, child, friend or parent) or outer circle ( colleagues, work mates, friends).
- Addictions- alcohol, drugs,gambling, sex addiction. I am well versed in recovery programmes and with 12 steps also. I can provide emotional and practical support both as a first step or a as a support to existing agency provision.
- Problems from the past. Sometimes things from the past haunt us, or are always there. Therapy can help come to terms with difficult experiences. It can help achieve greater understanding, perspective, support, integration all contributing to coming to terms with and moving on. Our past shapes us but it doesn't have to define us.
- Inner child work. Whilst we may be adults on the outside, some of us feel we may have parts of us that have not quite grown up and that this is unhelpful. This work helps to recognise and affirm these aspects of ourselves as well as to repair and integrate them, giving us more confidence in our ability to manage difficult or confusing feelings in a confidence but self respecting way.
- Work issues; stress, conflicts, colleagues, tribunals.
- Affairs, Separations, Divorce.
- Starting life over again.
- Feeling stuck or lost.
- Asperger's syndrome.
- Wanting more out of life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CBT/REBT December Diploma 2016 - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
- CBT Anxiety Management 2015
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Registered Member of BACP
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology ( University of East London) 2012
- Motivational Interviewing 2010
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling ( CBT, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis) 2009
- Psychology of Vision - Steps to Leadership 2007
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 2000
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2000
- BA Hons Degree 1980
- Work in Addictions Recovery- alcohol, drugs, sex addictions.
- Mindfulness Meditation.
- Mental Health Recovery.
- Stress Management.
- Natural Therapies.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
Photos & videos
Give me a no obligation call to talk things through and see if I can help.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and Evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|